I Am So Sick Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Sep 3, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I don't know what to do ,I didn't think I could crawl out of bed and get my greatgran to preschool. I did manage but thought I was going to passout going up the steps to her class.

I am nausated, so weak, my body is not in that much pain just aches, but this weird feeling in my head, ears ringing, and the fatigue is horrible. I am in tears cause I don't think I can do anything but stay in bed. Also (sorry to be gross) every morning I wake up with all this think white mucus from my nose , I blow seems like forever.

This is my day to do the church bulletins and was going to do them while the little one was in her class, but just couldn't hold my head up to stay, wasn't sure I was going to make it home.

When I get this way seems like rest is the only thing that helps.

I feel so bad but may have to call my daughter at work and tell her I can't do this today. I just want to cry. Is this a crash if so they seem to be here to stay. I managed yesterday and was in bed by 5 pm . Hubby made cause no dinner. I was to tired to eat. just seem to be getting worse. What is happening to me.

Sorry, but needed to vent, now to bed I go but will have to make some type of arrangements for my work at church and picking up of all the grans and great ones. I just can't handle any type of stress. I feel like giving up.

God Bless,
  2. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Please don't give up. You said yourself that when this happens (a flare) rest is the only thing that helps. So rest. I know that sometimes the fatigue is more dibilitating then anything alse. Everyone around you should know by know that fm is unpredictable. Some days are good and some weeks are bad. I think you do a tremendous amount of work. Your wonderful with your great grandaughter. You seem so involved with her. She is very lucky.

Please take some time for yourself to heal. Then you'll be all set to play with the little one. I hope you feel better.

3. Empower

Empower New Member

Didn't have time to read your profile, but could it be allergies???

I know when I have an allergy flair (i am in PA and ragweed is bad right now) I feel awful and just have to lay on the couch

JUst take it easy and maybe when this hot weather passes you will start to feel better
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

It sounds like you need rest big time! Tell your daughter to take care of the kids herself for awile that you need a break! You need to crawl into bed and just stay there for awile and get some rest! Don't answer the phone, don't do anything but REST!

You need a break! You are so tired you can't take any more!

Please just GO TO BED NOW!!!!!!

I care about you!

5. 3gs

3gs New Member

I felt so bad for you reading this.

I took care of my gkids for 13 yrs did it all happily, but it came at a price.

didn't listen to my body and kept pushing then there came the day when bam! I now am lucky if I get to spent any time with them at all.

So please take care of yourself rest when you need to, stop what you can't do anymore. Hopefully your daughter will understand.

Start just having fun with them.
  6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I'm sorry you are having such a bad day. It is so frustrating to have to drag yourself around like that. Just a thought . Could you have a sinus infection ? They always make me even more fatigued than usual . I hope you feel better soon.

7. jodboga

jodboga New Member

I never had allergies until recently and I felt just like you described . Now I take allegra daily and it helps so much . good luck and get some rest .
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

I don't feel up to replying to each but thank you so much.

My daughter may get fired from her job but she did come to my rescue and I have been in bed most of the day. Since she has missed so much work. If she loses her job I don't know what she will do as she is barely making it now.

I love those little ones and want to care for them but I honestly don't think I can.

As far as allergies, I once thought that but did see an immunologist and what allergy testing was done was negative, I wasn't tested for food allergies.

Yes, it does seem like a sinus /allergy thing as they make be feel a lot like I am feeling but have been on an antibiotic for 2 weeks.

I honestly don't know what it is, my body just feels tried and worn out plus like a sinus thing.

Thank you all so much for your replies and compassion.

Love all of you,