I am so so sleepy all the time and I am tired of it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 2, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

OK this is getting on my nerves and they all ready hurt. I don't think that I only have 1 nerve left that it canget on. I having been sleeping all day long. Today I woke up at 7 am and I went back to bed for a while and got up at about 11 am and I loaded my dishwasher and started to clean the stove and counters , and pans but my legs were so tired that I could not move.

I know that I can handle only so many tasks at a time but less than a month ago I could have cleaned off the sove and made it shine and loaded the dishwasher and cleaned off the counters. And then I would nave needed a rest.But with in a about 20 minutes I could go back and clean off the table and my kitchen would look so good.

Now I can't do that. And when I am tired I have to lay down. And as soon as I am donw my eye's close and I am alseep. I do startle when my legs joump and they they hurt.

And sometimes I have snored and it will wake me up with in seconds of falling alseep. I think that when I lay on the couch my head is at a funny postion and I will snore so I move my head and I am fine , But today when I woke up becasue I was snoring I had not been alseep for more than 5 minutes. So I don't think that I was really alseep that time.

I don't know what is going on. I am so tired of being tired that I just want to cry. I hurt too much these past few days and I can't stand how much pain I am in these days. I am sleepy all day long and sometimes at night to . But as soon as I go to bed I am wide awake again. I will have to get up and walk around and read for a while and I can then go to bed and finnally sleep.I am so so tired that I want to scream. What do I do? How can I ccchange how I feel? IS there anything that that I can change to help me feel better and to stay awake, thanks so much.
    Rosemarie
  2. christrut341

christrut341 New Member

I have Fibro and understand your sleep problem. I went thru a similiar frustrating time with not being able to sleep. My doctor prescribed Lunesta for me and I took it for about 3 weeks then I started weening myself off by only taking it if I knew I wouldn't sleep and now I am off of them completely and I sleep pretty well through the night.

Sleep medication will help you get the edge of not sleeping off of you until you can work with your dr to find a more permanent solution. There are other natural remedies I am sure but the sleeping pills helped so much.
  3. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Sorry about what you're going through...sound's all too familiar. I was the same not long ago. Some natural things I've found very helpful for sleep and which have gotten me off Ambien is the following:

750mg Tryptophan (2 hours before bedtime)
    500mg Ashwagandha (2 hours before bedtime)

500mg Gaba at bedtime
    1mg melatonin at bedtime

This has really helped me to get a decent night of sleep without waking up all the time. And it's easy to fall a sleep. You might want to try it and adjust the doses as necessary. It took me a while to figure out what the doses were for me...everybody is a bit different. A friend of mine just takes 1000mg Ashwagandha and that's all he needs. I know other people on the board who take 1500mg Tryptophan and that works for them.

Just so you know, the tryptophan helps raise Seratonin levels which is important for sleep, The Ashwagandha really blocks cortisol well (that's when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, it's cortisol that's keeping you wide awake) - I started using this about 2 weeks ago and it really has helped. The GABA is calming and helps the brain to calm down. And the melatonin is good for keeping your sleep cycle regular and also boosts the immune system.

Sleep is sooo important to getting your life back...good luck and don't lose hope...keep thinking (when you can) that you will find a way and that you'll get the help you need...

4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

RoseMarie:
    My doctor has told me to never, ever, go back to bed once I am up for the day. He said no matter what: stay awake.
    It is so difficult to do. I sit down and the eyes start drooping, so up from the chair I have to go.

I know what you mean, though.

n.f.
  5. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

You also need to keep very regular routine and hours for your sleep. Always go to bed and wake up around the same time and don't sleep during the day.

Make sure you have a quiet place to sleep and draw the shades down so no light gets in the room. And if you have Cats (like I do) that wake you up at night, keep them out of your room - I keep them in the Garage now...

I joke with my wife that it's a lot of work getting a good nights sleep but it pays off.

Oh and one other thing that helps me is I have a piece of toast before hitting the hay...keeps me out of the kitchen at 12 midnight.