I am so testy and grumpy to everyone help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I find that I am becoming so testy!!! I can barely function at work because I am so grumpy and impatient! I used to be a very nice person, but now I find that I am just snapping at everyone, but of course, apologizing immediately afterwards. I have found it best to try to avoid people.

I am pending disability and I sure hope I get it!! For my coworkers sake!
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I can really understand where you are coming from, I use to be really sweet and pretty much got along with everybody...but nowadays you even look at me the wrong way WATCH OUT!!! I just find these days everyone and every little thing can just sent me off.

I hate this feeling, I too apologise right afterwords but sometimes it's just to late. Good Luck for your disability, i finally have my hearing date set for October 17th, I have been waiting for almost 2 years.

Ann
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I can relate how you are feeling. I've been told that I get really ill/moody/irritable without even trying.

I can remember the old me that use to be so sweet and shy but since this illness it has changed me for the worse and I have lost alot of family and friends over it.

The meds I think have alot to do with it, they seem to make me this way and even sometimes I come across as yelling when I think I'm not.

Good Luck on winning the disability, I want to apply myself.

carolin
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I know what you are talking about! It's the same with me.

I've found that when I elminate as much stress as I can, and take life slowly, not being overwhelmed or trying to do too much, I'm my old slef.

I'm sure things will take a turn for the better once you have the stress of the disability process behing you. Meanwile, please be easy on yourself.

Goodluck, and a big hug,
    Terry
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello
    I know what your saying! the day i Quit work i could barley walk, was dropping everything etc..................I'm sure your not feeling well, and that might be why things get testy!.................................This DD is so cruel to our minds and bodies!! We never know whats going to happen, or How were going to react to things!!..........................................But being aware of our behaviors while they are happening is really something!! I can relate to that 100%...........................I Love the sunset Photo in your profile!!....................Up Here in MT. we get a different looking one every night!!.................................best...........sisland

6. NancyMystic

NancyMystic New Member

When I'm feeling ill & when I hurt, I get SO irritable and impatient.

I try to avoid people as much as possible. At least with email I can stop and take a deep breath before I reply to something FOR THE THIRD TIME DAMMIT!

Heheh.

I have so little energy that I'm always careful to get things right the first time and be done with it.

It amazes me how sloppy the work of non-ill people often seems to be. I guess they don't mind dealing with the same problem over and over because it wasn't done correctly the first time...

Hang in there.

Nancy
  7. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

Strong feelings are normal reactions to serious illness - which we all have. We feel uncertain of things, both in our everyday life and our future. Sometimes we feel we've lost control of our lives. No wonder we're grumpy!

Any experience that triggers adrenaline makes our symptoms worse. Which is why we're always told to control the stress in our lives. But that's hard to do if it comes out of nowhere.

I find myself doubting my abilities: driving safely, solving everyday problems, remembering anything. And when my partner reminds me of my limitations, I get angry at him. I know, he doesn't have to "rub it in". Even though he's not doing that.

Takes lots of work to keep the stress under control. I haven't gotten there yet.

Nancy
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

I understand, I have had my "moments". I do get the occassional road rage at people who have the nerve to get in my way,lol. I don't do anything to them, but yell inside my car.

I have lived alone for 12 years, except for the time I spent taking care of my mother. I have not worked in 5 years. I have no one to get snappy with since I am alone except my outing for groceries, Dr appt.

I get frusrtated with doing housework or remodeling, I HATE cords and am forever having issues with them. I'm glad my neighbors live more than a football field away,lol The things I say to these poor tools and cords,lol.

It releases the frustration for me then I feel better.

It is hard when you have to keep it together for work. But when you get in that car to home- let out a good ole primal scream- it really is good for the soul. Carla
  9. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Thank you everyone!!! Just the validation alone is healing!