I am so tired of going to new doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Jun 1, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

only to find out I know more than they do about my condition. It is so frustrating. Today I went to a new Gyn for my annual and serious candida problem. She kept me waiting for 2 hours - so irritating when you are so sick you feel like collapsing.

So, I ask her for a refill on my estradiol and testosterone. I told her I think I want to try the patch for estradiol for a change. She begins to tell me her view point on that and how the pill works, etc. So, I said fine, just do the pill. No energy to tell her all of the research I have done on this due to my hysterectomy 6 years ago.

So, I ask her for the compounded test. script. She says why do you need that? Ugghhh!!! I was so tired and sick and did not have energy to tell her. I said fine, I will get my other dr. to fill it for me.

She proceeds to tell me more about her opinion on these drugs. So, I asked her, she looked to be my age, have you ever had any problems with your hormones? She said no. I said well I have and I have been to numerous doctors, done tons of research to find out what works for me. She just looked at me. She also gave me that look when I told her I had CFIDS and FM. You know the one. I won't be going back to her again.

That is one thing I love about going to FFC - no explanations needed. Thanks for letting me vent.
  2. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I really feel for you and your quest to find a doc that understands. I have to say from your description of your visit to this new doc that I think you blew her away. She wasn't expecting someone like you!

I would suggest getting on the phone and talking to your insurance company and have them find docs for you that deal with fibro & hormone therapy. Whatever recommendations they have, call them first and explain what you expect. You can avoid a lot of wasted appointments this way. It may take some time, but if you put it on the insurance company to "find" a doctor for you, you may have more luck.

Hope you find a good doc soon,

Abbycat
  3. gemgail2004

gemgail2004 New Member

i just went to a new dr. the first one in 5yrs. in fl. that took the time to sit and here about what was going on with me and come to fine out what i thought i might have was true he confermed that i had fm and that there really was a reason that i feel the way i do. Thank you for tellling of the trouble of fineing drs. who want to listen and want to care.
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Patient/doctor communication needs to go both ways. I don't think the doctor was out-of-line to ask you why you needed compounded testosterone. It is unfortuneate that the two hour wait left you too sick and tired to respond.

Did they give a reasonable explanation for the wait? Sometime doctors have emergencies that throw their schedule off. Too often, it is just poor office management.

I hope you are able to get what you need from the FFC from now on.