I Am So Tired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Aug 9, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I am so tired! This is the worst part of this disease/condition to me. I asked the FFC doctor if I could have Xyrem. They told me I would have to wait until my doctor got back from vacation (which is two weeks away). They have called in some Restoril (sp??). Has anybody taken this? How does it work?

I currently take 10-15 mg of Ambien, Klonopin .5 mg and 75 mg of Trazadone per night and this doesn't work for me. I have also tried many other sleep meds.

Has anyone had a sleep condition severe insomnia and fatigue and gotten this under control?? I would love to know how and how long it took??

Thanks!
    Hope
  2. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Yes- I go to the one in Phila. too. In fact, I was supposed to go this past Monday but it is a 3 hour drive for me each way (I live in Maryland) and I didn't have the strength to make it.I have tried the IV's before weekly for 6 months and didn't have any luck so I figured I could miss a couple weeks. Plus I have put out so much money I didn't have any left for an IV.
    I have been a patient for about 6 weeks as well and I am not feeling any better. I actually feel worse this week. The NT factor is the best thing they have me on though. It keeps me going a few extra hours during the day.

Hey maybe we can chat in the IV room sometime ;-)
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hi,
    i've been taking it for about 3 years or more i can't remeber when i started. they say i can't take it anymore then every 4th night, one day on 3 days off, they tell me that if i tke anymore than it won't work anymore. well i have adhered to the recc. and still doesn't help me much at all. maybe it wil work for ou. i want to start lunesta instead, but i have to see if hmo kaiser will cover it and medi-cal as well. well good luck.
  4. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Although they won't tell me I am almost sure. I have a good relationship with the nurse who was doing my IV's before and she asked me about the color and the smell and according to her they are the same. They are not the same as the Viral or the Super Viral though.

I look forward to meeting you although I don't know if I will get the IVs anymore. :)
  5. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Lunesta was at the bottom of the list for me. It is actually the most ineffective for me. My doctor said it is getting prescribed so much because of the drug reps and the advertising. However, because it is not working for his patients he refuses to write any more prescriptions. I am so happy to hear a doctor say this because I use to work for doctors and they always used whatever the drug reps said because they would get free lunches and trips and other things. I understand in my state that is no longer legal to give trips and game tickets away but they still come in and throw lunches for the office and hand out goodies for everybody in the office. Oh yes and the drug reps supply this popular medications in the drug closet to give free samples to the patients (of course the doctors give the free samples and write the prescription for the drug).

Anyway, the restoril didn't work for me either. As soon as my FFC doctor gets back I am going to ask for Xyrem. I can't wait much longer for sleep. I feel like I am going to lose it if I do.

Thanks for the advice. Good Luck to you!
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

The Meyer's cocktail I'm getting once a week I've had two. I'm sure is helping with the fatigue and aches but not the brain fog. I get reflexology one a week too-it is not helping with the brain fog either infact right after the brain fog is worse. And big big diet changes. Almost a candida diet-very close and I cut gluten out of my diet.
    Dee50
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I certainly understand your situation...

I have severe insomnia - I was taking 5 mg Ambien at night - still up and down all night, and yes - tired the next day.

I saw the doctor today and he said the insomnia is common with Fibromyalgia and CFS.

He gave me Klonopin and Trazodone 50 mg. - and was very concerned about me taking Ambien and the Klonopin. Then made a huge point that Klonopin is very addicting.

From what I have read here - I am not that afraid to take it - I don't plan to take that much.

I am wondering if you need a higher dose of the Klonopin - I read that if it stops working you may need to increase the dose.

Is Zyrem and Restoril supposed to help insomnia?

Thank for any info...

8. lorrie4real

lorrie4real New Member

Hi,
    I am writing about I go thru stages of insomnia and fatigue I have suffered for 15 years and you know most Dr. don't acknowledge fibromyalgia,fatigue syndrome or wrestles leg syndrome. I have tried many many things with not much sucess. Sleep aids like trazadone just worked temporarily, I try to do things that will make me comfortable, but no cure. I get up 4 to 5 times a night, i pace the floor. The pain in my legs with the muscle spasms drives me up a wall. I am on remeron for sleep but it made me gain 60lbs which in turn hurts the leg muscles when walking, I can't walk up hills. I know I don't have a cure, your not alone is what I'm saying and I feel for you. I'm on a pain med which helps somestimes not always,muscle relaxants that work sometimes and a sleep med. I take hot baths for about 15 minutes. I do know that it causes me great anxiety to constantly try to find what will work, I'm tired of being tired.

Lorrie
  9. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I have heard that Xyrem works more than anything out there. As far as the Restoril goes... It is 2am and I have taken a Restoril, a Klonopin, and 150mg of Trazadone and I am wide awake. If I take two of the Restoril with the other stuff I will sleep 4-5 hours. I am not sure if it is a deep sleep or not.

I cant wait to try the Xyrem!

Good Luck to you too!!