I am so very angry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by day2day, Mar 17, 2006.

1. day2day

day2day Member

As some of you may know I had a fall in january, which has increased my pain, and also all my neurological stuff.

My Dr. wanted me to try P/T, I did it for a month and a half and it just sent me into flare after flair, and shingle out breaks overlapping over and over again.

Last tuesday when I went, something very painful happened with my neck, was using a machine for arms and back, felt like someone squeezed all my nerves in my neck and pain was shooting into my head, had a flair for 3 days and horrible headache.

Called Dr.s office and told them I was not going to p/t again till I figure out what is going on.

I have asked her time and time again to send me to neurologist, instead she sent me to rheumy dr. 2x in past 3 years, he just says yup you have fibro and shingles.... big surprise ya right.

She had told me if p/t didnt work was gonna send me to surgeon. I want to see a neurologist!!! I called a few neurologists in my area to see who has experience working with people who have cfids/fm. Every one listed in phone book told me they won't even see a person with cfids/fm, told me to schedule with rheumy DR.

I live in Maine, not the most up and coming area for cfids/fm. Now I find it odd that my lawyer had gotten disability for more then 10 people who suffer from cfids/fm, yet there are no Drs. who deal with this in my area, no support groups in my area. Everyone up here is living in the sand!!!

I sat at my desk after calling all those places and cried my eyes out for hours......I just don't know what to do anymore. My only alternative is drive 2 states away, ( I can barely drive to the store).

Why is it such a misunderstood illness? In this day and age why are professionals that we pay, or insurance pays so ignorant to this??

Thanks for letting vent.

2. deb06

deb06 New Member

I am so sorry for all you are going thru and all the suffering you are experiencing. Hang in there, and I will say a prayer for you right now- miracles do happen and I wil pray for one for you. Love, Deb
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Venting is good, I'm so very sorry you are having such a bad time with your doctors.

Sometimes I think it's best not to tell anyone you have been diagnosed with FM, just discuss your symptoms and ask them to help you get better. This is what I did with my latest doctor and she treated me very well, ordered tests and everything. If she asks me later why I didn't mention it, I will tell her the truth, that this issue has nothing to do with it.

I hope you get some relief and answers about your neck and your shingles heal very quickly.
    LOL, Nanna
  4. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Have you tried Accupuncture before. It really is good for problem areas. When I got dx I had severe hip pain that nothing helped. My chiropracter does Accupuncture, and he also has fibro. The accpuncture took away the pain completely.

My insurance doesn't pay for it so I had to pay for it, but it was worth it.

It's worth a try, don't give up. Take a deep breath and blow those idiots out of your mind. Don't let there ignorance upset you, they are not worth it.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope you find someone that can help you.

{{{{{soft hugs}}}}}
    Halo
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is just an awful thing. For starters, I went to one PT and they wanted me on the weight machines that I refused as my good PT where I live told me NEVER do those weight machines with neck problems EVER. They were so mad I refused. I said all I want is for gentle stretching and kneading of the neck and ultra sound. You have to be ever so gentle, even swimming is hard for neck people.

I also think your neuros sound like most here-what DO they think shingles is, it runs along nerve endings.

Hey, it is not just Maine. I know some Brits(I am Brit) post here about the lack of services in the UK-they really have no idea how BAD it is here and we pay through the nose for it-I think their services although one may have to travel a bit to them are far better and practically free.

We live near a major medical university here and have all sorts of Nobel prize winners in town etc and yet mention FM /CFS and all one gets is a shrug and a stare. Same for mental illness of any kind.

You have every right to be angry but don't let that get the better of you. Remember be in charge of your anger don't let your anger be in charge of you.

Now relax, accept that not all docs are like George Clooney(LOL)would that be nice having those tv docs be rlike real ones!!!(visa versa)

My neck pain was really dreadful but I did the gentle stretches to the side and little massage and Tiger Balm every day. Also tucking chin bac a few times every few hours. It will go away in time with rest and gentleness.

Love Anne C
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I saw you were in Maine and looking for help finding docs and a support group...

I to have had a nightmare living here, finding docs and even people with half a brain...I stopped trying after 10 years so I can't help you with the neuro issue BUT I can offer you info on a support group...I just got back from mine...We meet in Augusta at Maine General and they are a wonderful group of people...We have speakers at times but most of the time just share what we are doing...I LOVE IT!
    Next to this board, it is the one thing I wouldn't want to do without while dealing with these dd's...

Would you mind sharing where you're located (or vicinity) and who you used for a lawyer to get SSDI...I have a lwayer now and wondering if they are the same...

If you don't have access to Augusta, I may be able to help you find another support group by talking to the group leaders...

Lemme know when you can~Alicia
  7. day2day

day2day Member

It is very frustrating to say the least.

I just have been feeling sooooo angry lately I could beat someone over the head with a two by four ( well maybe if I could lift it and was not so dang fatigued, lol). I must say getting that off my chest has made me feel a bit calmer, thanks for the support and just knowing someone understand what I mean really makes a difference!!!

Mama, I am in the Portland area, so there is no way to travel that far for a support group. I'm lucky to drive to the grocery store lol.

I would really appreciate if you could find out if they have support group in my area. My other problem is I am single mom, and have no one to watch son, so he would have to come with me.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to say lawyers name in forum or not, does anyone know? If it is allowed I will gladly tell you.

If it is not, maybe we can meet in chat room sometime mama, and I will tell you then, we just will have to pick a day and time.

day2day

[ advertisement ]