I am sole supporter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Nov 28, 2002.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

of my family.... My husband has not been working for the last 7 years... he collects SSI for a back disabilily (severe) he is also limited with what he can do. We have a 9 year old child. I am really scared...My husband's father is very wealthy. I don't know what the future brings
  2. susabar

susabar New Member

of my family.... My husband has not been working for the last 7 years... he collects SSI for a back disabilily (severe) he is also limited with what he can do. We have a 9 year old child. I am really scared...My husband's father is very wealthy. I don't know what the future brings
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

You have quite a load on your shoulders susabar. May I make a suggestion that you just deal with each day, as it comes? You said you don't know what the future may bring--that is true for everyone...even those that are healthy today--it can all change in the blink of an eye.
    Worrying about the future--just adds stress to today--and stress takes its toll. Take each thing that comes along daily--and don't add to the burden by worrying--no good comes from apprehension and worrying about the future.
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
  4. sheri

sheri New Member

I am sorry to hear of your husbands disability and the position that puts you as not only caretaker but of financial responsibility. You must feel all alone, and that is scary. Fear has a way of taking on a "life" of its own. There was a time I was in the position of working and taking care of four children. And there were times I was terrified. Its good you are reaching out and telling us of how you are feeling because you need support for yourself. It helps to talk. At that time, I kept up a front and no one knew my dreads and fears. I can look back now and know that I grew stronger for the situation. The children now are grown, have their own families (and problems) that goes with life. I am sure you are doing the best you can do. If you have family that could help, that would be wonderful, I hope you are able to reach out to them also. They may not know how you are feeling and that you need support for yourself and encouragement. There is a chit-chat board where people can talk about anything, and if you feel a need to talk, feel welcome to vent there or here. We encourge each other, sharing pieces of our lives. We are only given one day at a time, and it also is in some of us to want to be assured of what to look forward to. Perhaps I will get a chance to visit with you in the chat room. Be brave, you are not alone...Blessings to you, sheri