I am Soo Tired and Insulted after family Reunion.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

We came to Oklahoma for a family reunion and I am wore out.

At least my sister in-law has a tub with jets in it.

Boy did I use that this morning then thought well I should have used it last night so I know I will tonight before bed b/c it is so relaxing.

It is so good to get to talk to ya'll more now than I have been but my sister in-law has internet and I don't.

But if I get a settlement I will be getting internet and a laptop.

And a power wheelchair.

Yesterday a the family reunion I was ready to scream at this lady I brought me a really comfy chair and I had got up to say hi to my hubby's aunt who is 86yrs old and when I got ready to sit back down she was in my chair.

Then later on the lady insults people like us by saying that she doesn't understand how she is in her 50's and women in their 30-40's act like they a tired and hurting all the time.

My sister in-law said don't listen to her b/c she doesn't think she means people like me who really have bad problems.

What's bad is the lady I got out of my chair to hug is her mother and she didn't even go over there and hug her mom even though she doesn't see her much.

Instead of visiting with her mom she stood over with her male cousin's drinking and acting like a bimbo.

Mind you the only female drinking.

If my mother was still alive I would have been her shadow.

Pamela
  2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

you held up well on a very tough day. It's hard when those who should care about us most seem not to care at all.

Bumping...

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

You just reminded me of all the reasons that I do not go any place like that anymore. I just save my energy and feelings.

It was nice of you to try. I'm sorry you were hurt.
  4. Summit

Summit New Member

Hi, I'm new here, but can relate to your story. My husband thinks if you aren't gushing blood somewhere, you can't really be hurt or in pain. Most people don't know I have fibro, and would probablly be shocked to know I did or not beleive it. I hide it well. But as the years go by (I'm now 46) it's harder and harder. I see a doc often, take a butt load of differnt meds (feel like a pill freak) and I just wanted to say, I understand how you feel. My mother in law is 80. When i say I feel achy, she rolls her eyes at me.
  5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Also thanks for the understanding.

Yep it must be hard to have a hubby and mother in-law who doesn't understand.

My mother in-law while she was alive had cancer but she still understood that I had a real disease too.

Most of all of my in-law's understand and believe me.

Some more than my own family.

There are a few that don't though.

Pamela