I AM SOOOO DISAPPOINTED.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

This morning I did the Candida spit test and it came out positive. So before I left for work I posted a question, asking anyone what my next step should be. I couldn't wait to get home and read the responses. Well, I got no help as to what to do. I did go on the Candida message board, but it's all too confusing to me. I'd just appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks!!!!

Annette2
  2. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Sorry I can't help with info, will wish you the best, am anxious to hear myself wht the mext step will be. wishing you the best.
    1maqt
  3. dd

dd New Member

Madwolf had some excellent suggestions, everything that I was going to say.

About a year ago I was told that I had Candida. I did the spit test too and it was really gross to see all those tentacle looking thing floating around. I was diagnosed from a blood test though, not the spit test.

I was on Nystatin but could not tolerate that so I went the natural way instead. The first thing that I had to do was to cut out all sugars in my diet because the candida thrives on it. That in itself was not that hard for me because I was already in the Atkin's Diet which is low in sugar anyway. I did have to cut out the cheese because cheese has fungus...any foods containing fungus...the candida loves fungus too.

Here is a list of vitamins and supplements that helped me tremendously...

Dioxychlor - It kills the bad bacteria

Garlic - Natural anti-fungal

Coenzyme 10 - Improves oxygen in cells and tissue...oxygen to the cells kills the candida.

Acidophilus - A probiotic to replenish the good bacteria

Vitamin C - Builds the immune system

Flaxseed Oil - Helps the fungus from destroying more cells

Pau d'arco Tea - Another anti-fungal

This is what I took for about 6 months. I felt worse for the first 2 weeks because the Candida was dying off in my system. It felt like the worst flu that I had ever had. I also ate a lot of green veggies...no peas, they have sugar...and drink lots of water to help flush out the bad bacteria. I still take a lot of the supplements but they are mostly for my CFS and FM now. I feel so much better now than I did a year ago.

I hope this helps some. If you have any other questions please ask away.

Peace,

Debbie
  4. 2girls

2girls New Member

I have done the spit test - positive. I have had the white tongue coating since Sept/02 along with burning tongue, mouth sores, abdominal cramps, vaginal yeast infections, and (gross) lots of mucus in stools. I also vomited last week and had what looked like yeast particles (pure white mucousy particles). I mentioned all symptoms to my doc on several occasions and requested a yeast test but he said it was unnecessary. He rx'd ONE diflucan which did absolutely nothing. I have also been avoiding sugar and flour (very difficult when the kids want home baked cookies!). I also have trouble keeping weight on. Are supplements and diet alone strong enough to kill of these beasts? I just started olive leaf extract last week and have been taking probiotics and garlic for past 3 months.
    I too am at a loss as to what to do next. Fire my doc? lol

2girls