i am sooooo mad and need to vent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by charlenef, Jan 3, 2007.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

my hubby and i own some rental property and we evicted one of our tenants because she was destrutive and a pig anyway when she left there was piles and piles of clothes a frige full of food evey door was busted along with every screen you cant even walk in the basement roaches walls falling down and i am not kidding in anyway can you believe the nerve of her calling me for her security depost of 400.00 i told her it is going to cost me 2000.00 just to get it where someone can live there i ended up hanging up on her i hope she takes me to court i have before and after shots of the apartment there is no doubt i will win thanks for listening to me charlene
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Not a Good thing to deal with!Some Nerve People Have after destroying other people's property!,,,,,,,,It seems to exsplain how some ungrateful renters become Homeless!,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would charge for the Damage!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Where i Live they Have regular inspections of the Apt every 6 months, and they can kick you out in 30 day's if your Destroying the Place Etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So I take really good care of it! Been Here 6 years and Really like it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

everyone should take care of property people think because you own you have a lot of money im here to say that is not true by the time you pay for everything morg,ins. water repairs i lost about 3600.00 this year i think were going to sell thanks charlene
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

it is the next day and everytime i think about it i just feel like screaming when i was talking to her i had thought my hubby had left to my suprise he was in the basement he told me he never heard me yelling like that it was funny at that point for a few min. charlene
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

My daughter rented a flat a few years back and each tenant was worse than the other. She sold up.

It's a shame because there are many good tenants out there, it's sometimes just hard finding them

Rosie
  6. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

We USED to have a rental property as well. Nothing but trouble. I wouldn't even THINK to rent a place from somebody and then proceed to destroy it. These people are completely wacko. I was naive and just assumed that people would treat the house the same way I would, whether I owned it or rented it. I sure learned the hard way.

That tennant had some nerve calling and asking for her Damage Deposit back. I would have been yelling as well!
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

when you take section 8 they pick your tenants ive had a crack house, women that didnt deserve kids ,drunks, so maybe if we dont sell they cant pick worse than me one women pulled bait and switch she rentedthe place and let 2 convicts live there it is a nightmare i dont advise it for anyone charlene
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

This isn't funny~~ But it reminds me of when Rodney Dangerfield used to say "I Just can't get no respect!",,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Live in a Goverment Low income apt and the Rent goes By My Income, whitch is 1/3 of my SSDI check,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It's sort of like a section eight thing! But these places are almost brand new! and i really had to go through a process to get accepted in to the apartment!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Background`~~ Credit~~~all kinds of stuff! Refrences Etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You've probably done all this stuff, but i guess it can't hurt to check up on people! And sometimes even if you do they still misbehave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck!,,,,S
  9. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Me and hubby decided to rent our house out because we were moving out of town and needed additional income. We decided to rent to a couple that had two children and seemed pretty responsible.....what a joke that was because even though we had them sign a lease agreement which included we could do inspections at any time.

The Front door and frame was completely busted because someone broke in looking for our tenant.

They painted the whole house bright green.

Now this house sits on my families property and I had run home because I forgot something and I seen this smoke rolling out of the house. There were several fire trucks trying to extinuguish the fire and the tenants were not there of course.

Luckily it didn't burn down and we evicted them immediately to only find they had moved back in because they had no where to go. The fire was caused by some electrical wire he had plugged in the kitchen so most of the damage was there and smoke damage throughout the whole house.

During all of this they had purchased a home and were remodeling it while they were living in ours. We haven't been able to get a penny out of them and I wish they could have at least paid for the damages.

We will never rent it again.

Good Luck!
    Carolin
  10. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i have a judgement against a prior tenant from 3 years ago i will never see a dime i think it is time to sell since ive been sick everything is on my hubby and that is not fair to him thanks for your reply charlene
  11. SweetT

SweetT New Member

That's why I see ads where people want first month's, last month's,AND a security deposit----------to guarantee money with damage.

And yes, I know of the Section 8 horror stories. But there are still some people living in low-income housing that just want to live decently and won't tear up the place. I was one of them. I lived in low-income housing from early 1995 until late 1997 and then the building changed hands so tenants were offered the chance to get a Section 8 voucher and move elsewhere. Frustrated with the drug dealers and users, I moved to a 3 family house where the landlord took Section 8.

The tenants of the house were okay, but the landlord was a slumlord. He patched everything---he never replaced anything. Section 8 inspectors are not thorough. They only check for the existence of electricity and running water, etc. They don't check for wiring problems and plumbing problems. Well, in my outwardly *nice* house, the plumbing was faulty (you could only take a 2-minute shower because all of the tenants shared the same hot-water pump PLUS the tub stopped up monthly); the electrical wiring was messed up (fuses were always blowing and outlets were always sparking or shorting out); there were mice. It was horrible. Thank goodness that my girls didn't start puberty in that house!
  12. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I once owned rental property. It was my hubby's idea how we could save $ on our taxes. What a joke!

I'd never own rental property again. NEVER!

What do you need to do? I'd get refrences and check them out. I mean get the name, address, and phone number of wherever they just moved from.

I'd require 1st and last month's rent plus a damage deposit. I'd do a walk through with them when they moved in and a walk through with them when they were going to leave.

I'd spend the $ and get a clad tight lease form that requires certain penalties for not giving a specific notice before leaving.

DO NOT call a government agency and get super low income families with govt. assistance moving into your home. It will be destroyed.

CHANGE THE LOCKS NOW! Actually, you can have the locks rekeyed; it is alot less money to do it this way. you take the lock tumblers and an existing key with you to a hardware store or a locksmith. Call ahead of time with the name of the particular manufacturer of the door locks. Ask if they rekey locks for _______ brand.

Definitely take pictures; plenty of pictures. I'd also document the date of the pictures by putting a newspaper in the pictures with the damage. Then keep the newspaper to prove the date. otherwise, you can have the tenant claiming that the damage was like that from very old pictures. You want the date confirmation.

I wonder if you can take her to small claims court for the excess damage. What you are describing doesn't sound like normal "wear and tear".[This Message was Edited on 01/04/2007]
  13. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

It is a small college town that has a lot of college kids who rent..then move on. Most of them mommy and daddy pay for their rent, etc. They ruin the apartments, homes, etc.

The owners of rentals here all got together to form a sort of coop. They keep track of the "bad renters" and pass them on to the other landlords... they are having less destruction in their properties now.

I remember a family that had two small children who moved out of a home rental. They left bags of garbage full of dirty diapers in the entry way and all over the house was dirty diapers laying on the floor. They left the refrigerator full and it looked like they had never cleaned the place. It was filthy. Two weeks after they moved out...they were approved for a new home loan and built a brand new house! Go figure!

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie :)