i am sort of excited but don't want to count my chickens yet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Feb 23, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

before the eggs are hatched...

i have been on a new ad for me called, vavactil....i have been on it since january 31...i have lost 15 lbs in almost a month...i have not been mentally able or physically able to really do much much since last year since i got the shingles on my hiney...ouch!..
    plus i just arted my period today so i retain water lke a mad man...just wanted to share that with too.

anyways when i first started taking the vavactil, i thought my pain had died down some, but i didn't know that was one of the benfits of the vavactil...i got weighed today and i have lost 15 lbs...which is a welcomed side effect for me...i just hope it keeps going on down....

i had noticed that i was looking less puffy...i retain a lot of water...i have been trying to watch what i eat, meaning good quality choices...

i went to the ymca the other day and walked for 22 mintues on the treadmill and did 4 minutes on the eliptical stair climber thing...it isn't the lungs that make me stop it is my bad feet particulary the left one...

well i just wanted to share some good news for me...and maybe some of you that deal w/depression/anxiety may be intersted in trying this med...it is a trycylic....i am so sensitive to meds...after almost 4.5 yrs of trying this and that i may have found one for me...i have been a whole slew of them..prozac, serzone,wellutrin,elavil,trazodne. cymbalta,celexa, remeorn...not been on zoloft...and i am sure there are more i have tried and just had one side effect, especially weight gain... i would get jealous when i see this 60 something taking prozac and they say no i havent' gained weight..

jodie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am bumping for others but what good news for you. Love Anne C
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

bumpping
  4. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I've written it down so I can check it out. I'm trying to wean myself off of 2 different AD's. My counselor and I talked today about was I truly depressed or was I depressed because of the illness.

Good luck,
    Auntyem
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and don't have an adverse reactions..it is so very frustrating to deal with this stuff...

jodie
  6. neen85

neen85 New Member

What a nice surprise! Do you sleep well on the new AD also? IF the shingles are still a problem there is a herbal product called "Herpanacine" that is for all skin problems that you may want to check into. I think it may help! Daneen
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am not sleeping well yet..i just did a sleep study so i may possibly have sleep apnea...

i have to still take either ambien or benadryl at night...
    andi was taking something fro the restless legs...but that mad e me feel wired and really good..couldn't sleep on it...

at first they told me to take it at night the vivactil and if it kept me awake take in the morning...well i am a morning gal..because it acts sort like a stimulant to me...

i hope i answered your question

jodie