I am still alive

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Well sorta..... I spent my weekend in the mud/sink hole in my yard. Yesterday was a killer but worth it, until it rains again,hehe. Really, I think I finally fixed it for now, still needs more work but no rain coming soon. :)

Today I have to go get my fleabotomy, see mom and go back to Wally's because they held my clonanpin, only 29 days in Feb.

I promise I will be here more now, you have no idea of what it has been like with 8 paws to clean thick, yucky mud from in between the toes.

I am going to take some banana nut bread and put my face on and teeth in and go brave the nurse with the big needle.

Everyone take care- I villl be bauckkkkkkk- Carla
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I can't image have to clean 8 paws. I have 4 paws to clean and that is way enough for me. LOL

What a mess, no wonder you have been so busy.

See you later.
  3. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Here comes the rain again... Up to 2 inches. Hope you have the back hoe ready.

I've been raking rocks on my bank today. We had some dozer work done last year and the grass seed we sowed never did come up...so I've been raking and trying to smooth it down again so I can sow some more seed. Guess I'll be flat on my back tomorrow, but I have looked forward to getting outside and doing something constructive(probably destructive).

hope we don't float away...
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Mrs Mud!! I hope the rain stays away. I bet the dogs loved the mud though.

What is a fleabotomy??????????

We're supposed to be getting snow tonight and the next few days, drat, I thought spring was nearly here.

5. ckball

ckball New Member

Twin-12 paws, ok you win,hehe. But mine are big paws on one. I keep towels at the door and do not unhook the leash until they are cleaned.

I meant to post this on the porch but in my muddy,mondy fog I hit post topic instead of reply. Actually went back to the porch and it was gone, figured lost in space and did the same thing again! I delted the second one when I came home this afternoon and Miss Lacey had to make my day by telling me we were expecting 2 inches of rain tomorrow.

Thank you Lacey for the warning,not, but you are only the messenger :) I had planned on chilling on the couch and watch Ellen but ended up outside. I have managed to pack the muck down and don't lose my feet in sink holes now. Feel like Lucy stomping grapes.

Rosie-sorry you are still having the wet stuff to, I hope you had a good day shopping-See ya'll later-Carla
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

SOOOOOO glad to hear it!

I have a pan of water by the door, swish the paws in it, and dry them off! EAsy...
    The mud just falls off and the drying is alot easier than trying to dig the mud out of the pads.

Yeah, what's a fleabotomy?

p.s. I was so bored at the FM/CFS board, had to come over here and see what's happening!

7. ckball

ckball New Member

I have heard about somethings go on over on the other side, I just stay here and mostly the porch. IT's about all I can do. Living alone with so much stuff that NEEDS to be done, it doesn't leave me much free time or my brain left me.

I hope things are going well for you-did you move again? I should have done the water bucket, I use a dry towel then a damp wash rag and dry with the towel. I am just getting it to dry up and it's going to rain more-oh well at least I got the ditch part done. Carla

A fleabotomomy is a phelbotomomy, blood letting to rid your iron in your blood. My body can't metabloism iron so me and Mrdad both get phelobotomys a couple times a year[This Message was Edited on 03/03/2008]
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Hey, how did you remember all that about my moving? Amazing, when most of the time we can't remember to take our supplements!

No, haven't moved; got a 6-mo lease extension to wait and see if the dear dog dies before then of her esophagus tumor. So far, she is doing very well with food-processor/pudding dog food. We have to feed her 5 times a day with a large serving spoon, but she laps it up.

She does vomit it up every few days, but she's not lost weight, and still loves to go for her walks. Have noticed she seems more tired after them, tho'. So here we are, going up and down 15 stairs all day...actually, we're doing pretty well, too! LOL, a little exercise is not killing us.

Had a hugh daughter problem; she went psychotic last week; got her to great shrink today, he said she had good insight and should be ok soon on the new med he gave her. (Xyprexa ???) Haven't heard of it.

She's had terrible stress for past 2 years, made major move here from "dead" Michigan 1 yr ago; living in one of my rent houses, paying no rent, they have to sell the house in MI first.

Ok, enough about me...hope you phlebotomy is painless and helpful!

Mucho hugs,