I Am Still Alive!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MamaR, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Just been having so much pain and depression for so long that I haven't been on computer much. I am almost totally homebound due to the severe pain. I posted to Doxie on Fibro Board (in case you want to read it). I also get frustrated trying to get around here now...but wanted to say hi to all my old friends and hope to be able to be on more nad meet the new people. I will try to find my way back when I can sit a bit longer! Sure have missed you all!!

Mari (MamaR)
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am on tylenol based med called Flextra but it doesn't help much. I am working on seeing another doc soon. I am sick of living like this. It is no quality of life. It is so hard to get Florida docs to prescribe any strong meds. I am going to try a pain clinic for pain managment. This is my only hope.
    Please forgive me for my memory...but I will place everyone soon...if I can be here enough...!

I am a bit frustrated with the new layout...but will get it figured out slowly.

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that ayou have been in so much pain. I know what you mean, it is NO fun whatsoever. I also have had FM and Chronic Myofasical Pain for about 25 yrs, with no dx, of course during that time. I know how pain can frustrate you and tend to get you depressed, It is just so wearing on one

I am just on Flexeril plus some vits and supplements. Pain meds made me to loopy. Hope that the pain clinic will be helpful to you.

Look forwards to talking to you again soon.

Hugs and blessings,
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2009]
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I tell you I do have hope at last since going to the website that Doxy posted on the Fibro Board. I can't remember the rules on here about posting sites so won't put link on here... but it was a Doctor Tennant in California. It is on Intractable Pain. I just googled Intractable Pain....or his name (can't remember now which). It was so informative! I am going to take it with me to my family doctor and see if he will try me on some pain patch...something! I have never liked to be medicated but I am at the point now where I am willing! If he will not help me I might have to search for a pain clinic. I hope that I am not repeating what I have mentioned in previous message...if so look over me please. I wish you all a very easy day. I hope to be on more even if for a bit at a time.

Love, Mari