I am supposed to be sleeping. Are you up, too?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Girlof41, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

It's 3:46 a.m., and I'm still up despite taking a Xanax a few hours ago, so I figure why fight it. No wonder I look like crap during the day and feel like 91 instead of 41.I don't drink caffeine or eat sweets in case you were wondering. So why are we up instead of getting the beauty rest we need ?For me, I'v got too many problems swirling in my head.My brain feels fat!
  2. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

It's 3:46 a.m., and I'm still up despite taking a Xanax a few hours ago, so I figure why fight it. No wonder I look like crap during the day and feel like 91 instead of 41.I don't drink caffeine or eat sweets in case you were wondering. So why are we up instead of getting the beauty rest we need ?For me, I'v got too many problems swirling in my head.My brain feels fat!
  3. pamela

pamela New Member

I know what you mean!!! I do the same thingy. I just lay there and toss and turn. But lately I have been taking the valerian root w/ no alcohol in it, 1200 mg of calcium and 1 excederin p.m. at night and it helps. Calcium used to make me real sleepy. But if you take around 2600 mg. or so of tylenol (acetomenephin)per day, then watch your intake of tylenol, they say no more than 3000 mg. of tylenol per day. Other than that I don't know. I'm going to try Klutzo's advice on the ZMA that you can order here on the site and also ask my Dr. about trying Soma. Good Luck!!!

Pamela
  4. chrissy

chrissy New Member

hi girlof41 and Pam, I just slept 7 hours last night and it is a miracle. I have tried amitriptyline (Elavil) which worsened my Restless Leg Syndrome and my muscles started twitching., Effexor gave me a blistering headache, Prozac too, so I lloked up the list of meds gor FMS and MPS in the second edition of Starlanyl and Copeland, they have about 3 pages of drugs that have proven useful for people in our situation and I asked my doctor to Rx Sinequan (Doxepin HCL) it gives marked sedation and can reduce muscle twitching. I slept blissfully. Most of the drugs I try come at too high a dosage and I can't tolerate the side effects so I ask my doctor for the lowest dosage THEN I go back home and cut that pill in half with a pill cutter (from the pharmacy) so my body can adjust to the new drug. This one came in a capsule. So... I opened the capsule (it takes patience and determination but, what the heck I have the whole night :>) and I emptied half of it. It worked for ME you might want to check with your doctor. Other pills that seem to have pretty good results are Desyrel (Trazodon) and Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) . I also find that Guaifenesin helps a lot to reduce thick secretions .`
    Hope this helps but CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR. It's amazing how some of these little pills can change your life. Warm hugts to you both .