i am sure this has been asked before... BUYING MEDS ONLINE......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by trinity3, Nov 13, 2005.

1. trinity3

trinity3 New Member

is it or is it NOT legal to buy pain medications online??? i have heard many people say that they do this and that it is legal, however, i have also heard that the DEA says that it is not legal...

if i needed to buy pain-medication online, due to being unable to finding a doctor willing to treat my pain sufficiently, does the 'online consult' with the 'online doctor' make it legal or not??

is this an option or isnt it?? do any of you know for sure???
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

My insurance company allows us to buy meds on-line, through them. You can save money that way because if you get a 3 month prescription, you only have to pay 2 co-pays. I've never done it though, but know of people who have.
  3. LakeErie

LakeErie New Member

You can do it, but you taking a chance because it is illegal. The DEA is trying to shut those places down. The ones that are legal are the ones that you get a prescription from your own doc. A friend of mine that was getting pain meds that way got a notice I think it was from US Customs that his package could be picked up for a fee of $4,800 plus legal fees. He chose not to pick it up. If you do a search for off shore drugs I think the FDA comes up as a search hit telling you've been warned????

The on line consult ranges from $70 to $150.

I'd spend more time looking for regional help.

Good luck, a lot of us have walked in your shoes.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2005]