I am the only male with CFIDS out there

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smano, Nov 1, 2002.

1. smano

smano New Member

It seems that i am the only male with this condition
  2. smano

smano New Member

It seems that i am the only male with this condition
  3. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Are you talking about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
    If so, There may be a few guys here.
    Have you tried the CFS message board too?

It doesn't matter if you are male or female because you can find some good advice on this board. Try searching thru the postings or just type up a question.

HOUSEOFBLUES
  4. woppini

woppini New Member

Hey there! yeah, i thought i was one of the few too. Seems we are the minority, but its a great place to be regardless.
  5. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

By golly they ARE the same. lol
  6. Vincint

Vincint New Member

I can't believe it. After the last 3 years I thought I was THE ONLY MALE! I thought I would be searching for PMS next. lol PHEW Will catch up at a later date if you need a guy to talk to and than we can talk about women. Vincint
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2002]
  7. dlizard

dlizard New Member

at voc rehab with fibromyalgia.... I'd never met a guy with it before.... I know several men with cfids though.... it does seem you guys are in the minority though doesn't it?
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They must just be hiding out today. Anyway, Sweetie, you are not the only one. Where else can you be a man among so many lovely women? Welcome aboard.

Love, Mikie (Female)
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

but, it does seem that FM and CFS hits more of our sisters than brothers, huh.
  10. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

smano - i too feel that way sometimes, i'm paul mark and it's good to here a voice i kind of feel that way also,

i was dx by paul cheney in ll/98 with cfids i have 4 diagnosis codes, i devleoped the fibro pain more in the last year always had the flu like aching etc,

as i've gotten more ill and totally disabled, more problmes, i hvae many immune dysfunctions problmes cheney says the TH2 system is very over activated and unfort. he hasn't been able to help me i'm in bed for about 5 hrs.l in the afternoon and can hardly move pain, fatigue, i have all the classsic cfids symp. plus a few more, at 49

i'd be happy to correspond with another male who has cfids
    if you wish, maybe i can offer some things i've learned from dr. cheney he is smart, he is just not a miracle worker

matter of fact i asked him if i had fms and he said he doesn't really do the tender pt. exam cause, you can have fms and not cfids, so he doesn't agree they are the 'same" although he did say they are sister illnesses and you can have both symptoms

paul mark in ky
    paulstory@iolky.com
  11. rge

rge New Member

Reverse order of DX

Fluoride Poisoning - Dr. M. Preston
    CFIDS - Dr. M.Preston
    Fibro - Rheumy.
    Heavy metals - Holistic doc
    Mercury Fillings Removed
    Chiari Malformation - Decompression & C1

Ron
  12. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

I thought I had replied to your post, but for some reason it has not shown up............my husband and three sons are sick with CFS, I have it too. I think men do not often get diagnosed either because doctors don't think you get it, or men aren't getting to doctors about it and might talk
    less about it to others? Lets see if this gets posted.