I am thinking about asking my doctor about taking Miralax

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, May 17, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Since I am taking MScontin and MSIR For pain , I am constiapted all the time. I haev been reading on the web about this probem and I have read about Miralax.
    Has any one used it? If so does it give you stomache cramps? CAn you take it long term as I am I on the MScontin and MSIR all the time. I am just wondering what is the best thing to do and to use. The miralax sounds like it will work the best with the least discomfort. But I don't know if you can use it on a long term basis?

I don't want much just to feel normal and not all constapated I am so tired of feeling icccky. I just want some thing to help me get some releif and soon.

I want my life back and I have been on the MScontin for 3 years and I am taking between 3-4 100 mg pills a day. I should be taking 5 a day but if I do I have more problems with the constipation. I am just wanting to feel better and have a better quillity of life.

I know taht I have alot of chronic pain as well as fibro adn CMP and buldging disc's dengeneritave disc disease, spinal sstenosis, facet syndrome,arthritis in my knees and wrist. And I have some radiulopathy with the back problems.

So I really need some thing that will work and not make me suffer with cramps and feeling rotten. So Ia m wondering if this Miralx will help me and help me to get a better life while taking my pain meds.

I don't want much just to feel like I can do things again and feel better and not feel so tried and achey all the time. I want the rest of my body to work right as weell.
    Hoping for the best.

HUGS TO ALL,
    Rosemarie
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Miralax is about the safest thing you can take. I used it when I was on MS Contin and it works well.

It is odorless, tasteless powder you mix about 1 tablespoon in water or apple juice. There are no cramps or suffering with Miralax. It is gentle and safe.
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I hated miralax. It made me bloated all the time and could never get the dosage right; it would either not help or make me have diarhea.

I am currently using Senekot with I am having good luck with.[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Had to use it and it is horrible. If you use the slightest bit more then you need then your in the bathroom all day with a very sore bottom.

Benefiber is what her surgeons give her now. It is tasteless and odorless and works so much better. We all use it. I too am on Oxycontin.
    I put it in water for all of us and drink it.
    I think it is so much more gentler then anything I have ever used.
    Senokot made me have horrible cramps.

Just thought I would tell you what helped us. Good luck to you.
    Tracy
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i so understand taking those meds and get constipated and only wish for a #2...that would make my week...

i buy the costco brand and pop those whenever i think about it ...

hugs

jodie
  6. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

my son and I both take it and Love,love,love it! I"ve been on it since 2002 daily at first now as needed. My son (2.5year) has been on it about 6months as needed.

We've had no problem with cramps or diarreha. There is a max daily dose that can (IMHO) be easily worked with to find the right one for you, took us about a week to find the right dose for my son. Clear, odorless, tasteless can be mixed in anything.

Works for us, got my IBS under control and my son is a much happeier person for it.