I believe the Valcyte is working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ALEESLP, Jun 19, 2008.

ALEESLP New Member

I have now been on Valcyte for 13 weeks and have just started my first week back at work. GI symptoms have decreased considerably. Decreased fatigue. No headache until today. Mild swollen glands and sore throat. I am concerned because I just received a disturbing call from the short term disability case manager who states that they have denied my claim. They have been a pain to work with as well as my CFS doctor. I have been very emotional today since hearing this news. Does anyone have increased difficulty with emotional stress while on Valcyte? I am so fearful of a relapse due to the emotional stress. Any ideas on how to handle emotional stress while dealing with CFIDS?
  2. stschn

stschn New Member

Oh yes! I was an emotion mess. Everything made me cry and sometimes I cried at nothing. I've been more emotional with this illness but not like that.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. i am very happy to hear the valcyte has begun working. please please keep fighting..eventually you will win disability for the disease. they always deny it for a while.

i wish you could rest! you shouldn't be working!!

hang in there...

ALEESLP New Member

I wish I didn't have to work but I do. I am so glad to hear that others have had difficulties handling their emotions while on this drug. I am thinking of looking into counseling to deal with the emotional stress of having a chronic illness.

5. sascha

sascha Member

i was an emotional mess on valcyte. i got hysterical once because i just could NOT fill out some forms. it was totally beyond me- i became a weeping mess- couldn't deal at all. i finally found someone who filled out the forms for me. i never experienced anything like that before in my life.

i couldn't handle any stress or incoming stimuli almost at all. and i felt strange and alien all the way through my 5+ months of the valcyte.

i am amazed you are working- you say you must- that's tough, but also you are able to. wow.

you just rest as much as you can whenever you can is my advice. and pace yourself. the emotional meltdown side is the valcyte talking- it's helpful to know that, right? but still hard to go through. you're about half-way through the valcyte- soon you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. it's so great that valcyte is starting to work for you already.

best of luck with everything else you are dealing with- sascha