I bought almonds for the shake....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laspis1, Feb 3, 2006.

1. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

yesterday, and I ate them all today. LoL. Thought I'd share that with you. Not sure how I will be able to keep a stash and not dip into it more than once a day.:)
  2. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

to think that it should even out, but I guess I will have to try to be faithful to the original recipe. I will probably munch on them while the shake is mixing.
  3. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

Hi,
    I love Almonds too. I eat them alot for a snack. I am a Gastric bypass patient and they are a great snack.

I found that for the flax seeds and the almonds if I put them in the magic bullet and chop them that way they really get nice and small. A lot smaller than with the coffee grinder. I can eat a spoonful of them dry. *I know I am weird..)

Try the Bullet if you have on they are great...
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Buy ground almonds. They are less tempting and they mix more easily with the shake.

Kathy
  5. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

I knew I can count on you guys to have an advice even to almond temptation. ;-) I think I will buy them ground.

I did mean to post about the magic bullet. I wanted to buy but it is 100 for two so I would have to find someone to share it with so it would come to 50. It looks great on TV, but I was not sure if it was really as good as it looked, and if it chopped so well. I bought an imitation at the store but it is just another version of a blender with more parts.
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

You ate all the almonds!! That really tickles my funny bone! Hey, nothing wrong with eating almonds! Just buy more almonds! They really are a good snack. I just eat mine while I'm blending the rest of the shake. The shake recipe calls for 4-5 almonds, but I eat at least 8 or 9. I keep them in the freezer with the ground flax. They are really yummy frozen.

Katy
  7. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

So glad it made you lough Katy. I could eat some more if it will make someone lough... Just kidding. Although, I would, really.

Strangely, I have been feeling better the last couple of hours, as opposed to the last few weeks, still nauseous, but not dreadful, maybe I have found a cure, just eat your shake almonds by the pound. Kidding again. ;-)

[ advertisement ]