I broke my wrist yesturday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsolider, Sep 22, 2006.

1. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Yesturday, my lil angel baby picked up a heavy book and threw it at my face. It hit me in the mouth, splitting my lip the, I stood up and tripped over the book...breaking my left wrist. Oh yeahh, it was a great day!! They gave me a splint and I go tommorrow for a traditional plaster cast. I have to have a MRI because Doc is afraid the one of the bones sliced the main nevre and stuff in the break. If that is the case, I will need a surgery to fix it or I will never regain feeling and usauge of the hand. Fun! The best past of the story is I am at my mothers now because I need help changing baby ect.... She thinks I am faking. Or exaggeratting. Maybe when I get the real cast she will change her mind. She is a lovely woman but can be selfish at times. She is in college now, and is sure making me feel guilty about baby and I taking away time from her school work. I can't wait until tonight when my husband will be home and off for the weekend. Oh and of course the stupid injury made me flare! I tell ya...when it rains - it pours!
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Sounds more like mansoon season!

Taking care of a baby with one hand would be quite a challenge. I hope you aren't left handed!

As my DH would say "try to stay on your wheels"!

Prayers for quick healing!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

what a day you had yesterday, my heart goes out to you.
    I'm so sorry you are going thru this. I really hope your mother does not think you are faking that would really be uncaring on her part.

Please take care of yourself and when your hubby gets home take a nice relaxing bath and some quiet time too.

Love to all, Ann
  4. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Thanks, guys! I can't wait until I can go home- put baby to bed and watch TV in bed with my husband. He can be clueless sometimes as to when I need help but, at least he knows no one can fake a xray.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

FMSoldier:

Yes, when it rains it pours. I had a bad fall recently and it made me flare right up.

You rest up and I am sure Mom will be OK once she sees the plaster cast.

nyrofan
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh that is so painful. Poor you. Take good care of it and don't be moving stuff at all.

Good luck getting it set in place,

Love Anne
  7. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your wrist...ouch. And no one can fake an x-ray...I always say that about my lab work - I can't fake my high white blood count, etc. I wish we had met at Dr. Katz's office then I could offer to help...I hope your hubby pampers you this weekend.

What a freaky accident. Take care, Nancy
  8. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

You had a terrible day! I hope you don't need surgery on top of it all.

Get some rest while hubby is home. I wish I could help. I would love to hug a baby right now.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  9. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I wish you the best and hope things heel well for you .
    What a day for you .
    Good luck and take care
    Bless you angel
  10. baanders

baanders New Member

that you broke your wrist. I hope you have good pain control so that the fibro doesn't get out of control. You are not stupid...it was a freak accident. I'm going to pray for you, dear. I know you are not faking.

blessings
    baanders