I.C.'rs.......another natural "tool"..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Mar 11, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Now that I've gone through finding out I didn't have a UTI, but my interstitial cystitis had kicked up after I went up 'n down stairs too many times. Exercise, for me, has pretty much gone as any "pounding" might kick this off.

Anyway, went on my usual alkaline diet, started taking Prelief (can only tolerate l/4 of a tab), then found a Neurological Chiropractor close by. I took him info on I.C., and he did a very non-invasive adjustment that was really helpful.

Now, it's just rest & let the inflammation heal.

LIGHT***********carole
  2. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

Hi Carole,

It is my humble opinion that IC is just another manifestation of CFS and Fibromyalgia. If you look on the profiles of women at a popular IC website (which will remain nameless but you can do a google search)you will see that many of them have autoimmune diseases. The moderators of that board are not interested in addressing this connection. Women are having their bladders removed because of the pain from IC. It's tragic.

I am on the Marshall Protocol which in my opinion is working to cure my CFS and all the manifestations of CFS.

I'm glad that you are finding relief because I know how horrible the pain of IC can be. It took me about six weeks to get the symptoms of my IC in control. I used diet and lifestyle changes and I finally figured out what was triggering the IC (bladder control pads). I can understand why someone would want their bladder removed because of IC. But it is unnessary. The Marshall Protocol is here and I think is worth a try before bladder removal surgery.

Again I want to wish you well and hope you stay symptom free.

Take care
    Judy

3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I appreciate the information on what you are doing for IC. I think exercising makes mine worse too, so I haven`t been doing much. Mine has been settling down somewhat finally. I think too this is connected to the FM/CFS. So many on IC message boards seem to have these diseases.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Hope it helps,

I had IC before CFS, but I did read that about 15% of people with IC have Fibro or CFS. Hoped I didn't follow that, but I did. they're all autoimmune diseases. If you body can attack one thing, there's nothing to stop it from attacking another.
  5. Sun_Rae

Sun_Rae New Member

Hi all - I noticed your post and I had to chime in..

I'm a 14 yr vet of CFS (non-fibro) and have just in the last month been dx'd w/ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and IC.. Oh Geez.. What else can you pile on me!

I haven't tried to exercise in about six months, although I do Yoga when I'm up for it, which sure helps with my mental health, thank god.

I'm in the process of purchasing AlkaLife for alkalinizing my body. I can handle Prelief just fine, but want to try alkalinizing my body. I've heard that it helps for many things. I'm a carb junky, so the alka diet is TOUGH! Have not found the magic bullet in any of my maladies, but I'm currently taking the ProBoost (1 mo. thus far) and it has made a difference I believe in my immunity, but has not helped IC or Hashi's yet.

Anyhow, just thought I'd say hello! Take Care, Sun_Rae
  6. kiyoka

kiyoka New Member

I was Dx with ic about three years ago, and dx with fms less then a year ago. I do think fms and ic are sister diseases. Stress really makes my ic flare, which makes everything i eat make it worse. I did exercise three days aweek at my school guy. It did make me feel a lot better. I keep hurting my foot..soo i haven't been able to work out like i would like
  7. hopeliveshere

hopeliveshere New Member

Hi Judy,

I am going to try the MP. Would you contact me? I am also wondering how to contact you on the MP board as I would like to ready your post there also...I am Jeanninehope on the board. Please send me a PM at the MP board!..

Thanks,

Jeannine