I called doc about trazodone but he called me in ambien

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yourtroubl, Jun 20, 2006.

1. yourtroubl

yourtroubl New Member

Does it work? I have tried Lunesta and it works the opposite on me.
  2. a-b

a-b New Member

I have been using ambien for several months and it works well most of the time for me but I also take .5 mg of xanax with it. Cannot sleep without it. I do have weird dreams but it's worth it.
  3. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i had a bad experience with ambien. i used to sleep walk when i was a kid and the ambien made me do the same until one morning i got up 2 hrs after taking a 5mg tab and got in my truck and drove 40 miles until a tire blew out and i rolled my truck and crushed my left arm. i do not remember any of this to this day. when i told the dr's about it they thought i was nuts, but now there are law suits all over the place about this kind of thing. put ambien in your search engine and see what all comes up. lots of attorneys names. but that was just me.
    be well bill m
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

along with my Xanax and Soma and sleep like a princess.

TxSongBird
  5. Nikki

Nikki Member

I take Ambien. Have been on it for about 3 yrs. No side effects for me.

I tried Lunesta for 10 days. It had the opposite effect on me, too. So, went back on Ambien.

I take 5-10mg at night, along with 150mg Trazodone, and 75mg of Lyrica. My dreams are very, very vivid . . . but always have been. As long as I can remember, I've had a sleep disorder. At least now, I can almost always go to sleep. I may have racing dreams - but no longer racing brain (at night that is . . . during the day it is another story).

Good Luck to you.

Hugs,
    Nikki
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

I've taken Ambien for quite some time and never have had a problem with it but I take it with Trazodone and Nortryptilene. The Nor. seems to help with my bad dreams. (blood curdling screams to go along with them).
  7. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I sleep for at least 6 straight hours with it and feel rested upon waking. My son also has to take Ambien and does do the night eating, but he is skinny as a rail and only grabs the bread and munches it and then drifts back off to sleep after he has filled his belly.

TxSongBird
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I've heard good and bad about Ambien. It did work for me for awhile but then it quit.

I wonder why he doesn't want you to continue on something that works for you (I assume it does, right?).

I'd call the office and ask.

Marta
  9. yourtroubl

yourtroubl New Member

I have done this for years. Nothing works. But lately I have only been sleeping 1 hour at a time. If I actually slept 4 hours straight I would think I was dead. He is a Phychiatrist I see for my sleeping problems.
  10. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

I used ambien for a few years and it really helped with my insomnia. It helped me to fall asleep, which has always been a problem for me.

I took 5mg ambien for a long time, like 6-12 months, then had to double that to 10mg for 6 or so months, then started taking 15 mg to get to sleep. After a while THAT did'nt work.

so I tried 20mg and I didn't fall asleep but I started having these strange dream like hallicinations while awake. Freaky. Kinda fun, but I knew it was not a healthy situation. So I had to stop taking Ambien.

But I don't regret taking it for 2+ years. It was very helpful. In fact, after a break of several years, I am starting it again- 5mg.
  11. AnnJ

AnnJ New Member

I got a new Dr recently and he took me off of Amitriptylene and Trazadone and put me on Flexeril. I sleep immediately and like a baby! It was the best switch ever.
    AnnJ
  12. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i just wanted to say that i have used both meds at different times without any luck, no bad side effects, but no sleep either. if your worried about the amien side effects though call your dr. back and ask him for the trazadone, or just ask him why he chose the ambien instead of the trazadone. i'm sure he would be more than happy to explain why he chose one over the other and then it will put your mind at ease.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel