I can hardly type

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Feb 5, 2006.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's like I've forgotten where the keys are and have a hard time finding the right letter.Anybody?
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

So sorry that this happening!

Are you really tired mentally?

I know when I'm really mentally tired I get that way.

Hope that you are o.k.

Mari
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

There was a period in my illness where I had cognitive symptoms that remind me of what you are describing. For example, I would try to work my calculator in high school, and I would forget how to make it add and devide, and keep pressing the wrong buttons. Also, dialing wrong phone numbers a lot, even when I am looking at the number I want to dial. Mishearing what people are saying. Not remembering how the alphabet and the days of the week go.
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have to go for awhile.

I will check back in awhile to see if you have posted anything new about how you are feeling.

I hope that you are o.k?

Mari
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

cervical spine problems? If the nerves are compressed or damaged it can cause all sorts of problems, cognitive and memory too, it's almost like it mimics the leisons in the white matter in the brain in people with MS, CFS, etc. Thought of it after looking at your profile.
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Hope that you sleep well.

I can't come on here late....computer in b'room... and hubby asleep.

Check on you tomorrow.

Hi Lenasvn!!

Mari
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Been there .... and I have typed all of my life. I have always been an execellent typist. Now, I will forget how to spell words, have a lot of typos, transpose letters, and a lot of stuff like that.

A lot of my problems is that I am up too late typing. I can never get onto the computer until real late and I am so sleepy that I can't concentrate or keep my eyes open, let along my mind not even working!!

Then my arms gets so tired that I can not hold them up much longer.

Janet
  8. zena01

zena01 New Member

Hi Lovethesun, I have the same problem.

I could accept it if it was transposing more than "normal", but I plain and simply type the wrong letters. I used to be a decent typist. Now sometimes I have to stop and think where a key is.

When I type letters I don't intend to it is almost like I am typing the words the way they sound?

Do you notice the mistakes as you make them? I see them as I type and can also feel that I am hitting the wrong key but my fingers do it anyway.

I seem to spend most of my time backspacing these days....

SherriZ
    Weird.
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

How is Linda today!
  10. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

with typing and spelling and transposing #s for the phone. It makes me feel stupid and it used to bother me tooo much but now, I try to reread everything before I push send.I always was a bad speller so thats not new. I keep a small spiral notebook by my phone and everyones phone #s are on there because I can nolonger remember them. I even forgot my son-in-laws name one day at a family outing!!! ouch that was embarrasing! He laughed it off but I still have it carved into my mind. He's probably forgotten about it. We just do the best we can.and we love you no matter how you type now

Suzette
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I had a bad day physically yesterday(didn't hurt but both legs were out,along with balance problems and a left hand that kept dropping things.It wasn't late,only 6:30PM.Anyway,todays a better day.I can walk better.Linda
    (((((((((((((((((Thanks again for your caring and love to everybody))))))))).Linda

p.s. for MamaR(yes,I was mentally exhausted)[This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]

Lenasvn-I have a bad disc in the cervical area and the thoracic area.[This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]