I CAN ONLY FUNCTION IF SEDATED Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozzyman, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ozzyman

ozzyman New Member

Just learning about Fibromyalga, have all the symptoms.
    I only feel halfway alive when I am heavily sedated.
    Take 200mg of Methadone daily as well as Klonopin.
    Anyone else need stuff like this to get out of bed.
    I'm only 25 too.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Our systems are all so different, it is hard to compare with others. Even my own system changes month by month. Sometimes I can tolerate certain drugs, and others times I can't.

One constant is, I can't handle much stress. I run from it.

Eventually you may not need the same meds. If you ever need to cut down on the Methadone remember a drug called Subutex.

You can transition to Subutex from any opiates with no withdrawal effects.

Whatever works for you now is what you need to be taking...
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi ozzyman,

That surely seems like a lot of methadone; I'm on it but not that much. My Dr. also wanted to try lorazepam, then klonipin but gave me headaches.

I have found that the more water I drink and the more walking I can get in, which is difficult, the better some of my days are. Of course all of them aren't that great.

I am anemic and have a difficult time with lack of energy and that makes me even worse.

I understand about the pain; it's terrible and you are so young to be dealing with this.

I hope you can get this under control; you have your whole life ahead of you; hang in there hon,

BlueSky555
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I have read that some do get that feeling but it should wear off in two weeks to a month. The days when I couldn't get out of bed was due to severe pain. Without the pain I can't
    wait to be out of bed! I've done being unable to function and don't want to go through THAT again! Hang in there but if you continue to feel that way I'd talk to the doc about changing to something else.
  5. ktpar

ktpar New Member

Hello, sometimes I cannot get out of bed without my meds. I am on Vicodin 500mg, MS contin 15mg, Cymbalta 60mg, Neurontin 300mg and Elavil 50mg, to help me sleep. I am so thankful that I feel like I have things under control with meds. I have went to long in pain. No one deserves to be in pain. I am only 29 yrs old and feel 3 times my age.
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Kadian(morphine) Flexiril,Neurontin and cymbalta.I still hurt until about 11am.Sometimes I don't feel good until after the lunch meds(Flexiril and Neurontin)