"I can tell you are feeling bad"...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Oct 26, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

The other day at work, my boss told me he could tell that a flare was hitting me...my disposition, my face looks wiped out, I get pale. He said he can also tell when I got enough sleep because I look refreshed.

I thought that was strange because my husband cant even tell when I'm not feeling good. Has anyone else had other people tell you "they can tell?"
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

jpach007:
    My AA sponsor is beginning to tell the difference and is very supportive. She has cancer and has rough days also and I can now tell when that is. Maybe we sick ones can tell better than anyone else because: we know.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

Most people don't sem to notice when I feel different. One person that I see every couple of weeks seems to notice when I'm tired or feeling more alert or just when I feel down.
  4. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

My fiance (live in) & manager at work can always tell when I'm not feeling well. I forgot to re-stock my afternoon medications before work today, and when I told my manager (also a good friend) I was going home to get them she said "Yes, go"!! She would not usually support me going home for lunch, cause I spend most of my time driving. She has seen what happens when I don't have my meds.....not pretty.

I would actually consider it a good thing that your boss can tell when you're not at your best. He may be more understanding because he knows you are truely sick - not just in your head. I don't know what your work situation is though, so I may be wrong.

Take care,
    Leanne
  5. twerp

twerp New Member

He just takes one look at me when I come home from work, for example, and says "go lie down; I know you don't feel good".

He says he can see it in my eyes.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  6. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

when I was working, my co-worker would say to me, you are having a bad day today aren't you and she was always right. She said she could always tell by how quiet I would be after a night of not sleeping and by the way I moved so cautiously. Funny, my husband doesn't seem to know or if he does, he doesn't say.
    Stinker56
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

or I should say.. ONE of my bosses can tell.. he will tell me he can see it in my eyes.. I'll try and tell him I'm ok because I don't want this to cause me to lose respect or his confidence in my job abilities.. he knows though.. more than my guy.. more than my kids..