I cannot believe this

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Sep 21, 2008.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I just got off the phone with my sister

I found out that my father who live's in a nursing home along with my mother. was just taken off ALL his pain meds.

He has fibromyalgia and horrible pain.

they thought they heard him slur some words and that was it, they took him off.

my sister was there trying to help get him into bed, he has stopped eating and is covered in blankets.

you get cold when your in pain.

I know I have been doing the same thing, I don't eat anymore and I'm so cold.

tommorow he has to go a doctor's appointment at six in the morning. he always sleeps until 9am

morning can be hard when your not well.

he has several of these appointments.

I can't believe they took him off all of his meds all at once.

and I can't believe that he is going through this too.

my sister didn't want to tell me but I called over there and found out.

my father struggles with alzhiemers. and doesn't even know how to ask for pain relief half the time.

that made me cry tonight.

just a week ago things were so different.

I will never understand how these doctors just let people lay there in pain.

they must not know how it feels, I really don't know.

If I wasn't go through this I would be over there right now making sure he got pain med's.

my sister said she will do it for me, thank goodness.

well I think I'm going to go sit in my car and pray, sound funny I know but I pray out loud and my family is here so.

the basement is my prayer closet too.

thats kind of funny I guess

God Bless
    be well
    Lisa
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

How terrible! We'll just add your Father into our emergency prayers for you.

Lord, help Lisa's sister to be a strong, inspired advocate for her Father. Be with her, Lord. Bring insight to her, for her to know what to say.

Bring strength to her, Lord, and persistence, as she fights for her father.

Lord, we lift up Lisa's father to you. Shower down your mercy and love on him. Care for him.

Change the minds of the nurses and caretakers, Lord.

We lift up to you his Dr. appts. for tomorrow morning. Please work in them, Lord.

We ask all this in Jesus' Name. The Name of Love.

Amen.

Judy
  3. poets

poets Member

Hi Lisa,
    I'm praying for your father as well. I went through a very similar situation with my dad two years ago. He had Lewy-Body Dementia. (It's a cross between Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's.)

I had to really get firm with a few of his doctors. I called a doctor at two in the morning from the hospital one night when Dad was hurting unnecessarily. I hated to do that, but when you see your loved one suffering needlessly, you do what you have to do.

I really understand how hard it is having a parent in that condition.

I'll be lifting you all up in my prayers.

Hugs to you all,
    Meg
  4. kbak

kbak Member

You do have a say in your father's medical care. Since your sister is there she has to intervene! If his doc is not giving him proper care, then you need a new doc. The nursing home cannot take your dad's meds away WITHOUT a doctor's order.

If they were to do such a thing they are in violation of the law. I certainly will be praying. I hope you see action soon.

take care,
    kbak
  5. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Dear Lord , sometimes I don't understand the way this world works. Pain and suffering just seem to have no end. I know that it is a fallen world , but what about this man who is not able to speak for himself ? I know You love him. Please rush help to him so that he doesn't have to suffer.

Please send Your warm love to this man and warm him . Carry him as he can't hold himself up right now. Change the minds and hearts of these seemingly cruel caretakers at the nursing home and let them TRUELY SEE the pain and suffering . Let them see that the patients are human beings and that they too may be in their place someday .

Strengthen these two sisters so that they may boldly petition for their father and say just the right things so that the nursing home staff knows that they mean business.

I pray in Jesus Holy Name,
    Amen and Amen

Holly

Lisa : I used to be a state ombudsman for the elderly in nursing homes. Most nursing homes are truly afraid of ombudsmen and have a special code that they send out when we come through the front door. Please contact your own state ombudsman and tell them what is going on . This nursinghome should be fined for this senseless way of treating their patients.

Holly
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2008]
  6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I am praying that your father gets proper care and is free of pain and always has someone there to advocate for him since he can't do it himself.
  7. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

my parents are doing a little better
    God bless you guys