I cannot lay still tonight sleeping problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vmiller, Jul 5, 2008.

1. vmiller

vmiller New Member

I NEVER have sleeping problems. This is not the first time this has happened, but it is the first time it has pulled me out of bed.

I keep feeling my whole body get numb and tingling when I'm sleeping. I keep sitting up in my sleep to try to relieve it.

I know I'm bothering my husband - how could I not be?

This has just started in the past couple of months and seems to be getting progressively worse.

Anybody else experience this? It almost feels like my nerves are being pinched. I had sciatic nerve issues when I was pregnant, and that is what this feels like all over my body. It doesn't hurt - it just feels - well, weird. Like my body is trying to go numb but can't - does that make any sense at all?

Thanks for any answers you all can provide. This is getting to the point of being bad. I have three little children to raise and can't do it on a couple hours of sleep a night.

Thanks all.

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Well it's 4:34 AM and I've been up all night. About a year or two ago my body started staying awake all night for 2 weeks a month. My Circadian rhythm seems to have aligned itself with my Menstrual Cycle.

I experience all the Sx you're talking about. I do better now that my hubby and I sleep in separate rooms and I just finally allow myself to stay up and try to get things done or just watch tv depending on how I'm feeling until my body is ready to go to sleep. I've had this dd for over 2 decades now and that's the point it's gotten to for me.

I used to have nights where I couldn't sleep when I was able to work and my Sx were mild. I usually found that meditating helped me feel more rested then and reading worked then too to help me feel more tired. Usually, if i didn't sleep well one night, I slept great the next night.

I know how frustrating it is.