I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I WON MY SSD TODAY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Francey54, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Everyone:

I am in total SHOCK. I am so happy! This is unbelievable.

I went to my hearing this morning and I can't tell you how well it went. I had the good fortune (not really good but good for today) that I woke up feeling absolutely horrible. (I had to get up at 7:00a.m ughhh) I had a headache, my lower back had spams, had black rings under my eyes, I was fatiged, my voice was at a minimal. I was total mess.

The hearing started with the judge, a court appointed Nuerologist, Psychiatrist and Vocational Therapist. My file was pulled out, it was really thick. The judge was very nice and I could sense he was a compassionate judge. He asked all the obvious questions:

What kind of position did you hold in your last employment?What hurts you? Where does it hurt you? What is the part of your body that most hurts you that prevents you from working? How far can you walk? How long can you stand? How long can you sit? In what position do you feel most comfortable? How much did you lift in your last job? How many times in an 8 working day did you have to go to the bathroom?

The other docs were watching me closely. They could see the pain in my face. I was calm, serene and confident though. This was God's doing cause I thought I was going to be petrified!

I got up after 30 minutes because of the pain, to stretch and go to the bathroom. I was away for about 10 minutes and when I returned the judge asked me the last question:

Why I hadn't looked for a job these last 3 years? I looked him straight in the eye and said with my voice cracking "I can't work. Believe me your honor if I could work I would. I would much rather be working than lying in bed all day in pain and crying, this is not a life, this is a living hell".

He saw my sincereity and gave me a bench approval on the spot! My lawyers mouth dropped, she could't believe it.

All the docs were in agreement and the judge made this statement. He could not believe that my case had been denied the first time and then again at the reconsideration level and had dragged on for over 3 years. He said that the caseworkers had not taken into account some Section of the SS code. He was in total disagreement with their findings. I have been awarded 100% disability and retro-back-pay benefits for 32 months!!! (you don't receive benefits the first 5 months after applying).

This is a miracle to me. I read Tobyone last week received a bench approval also. I never ever thought that I would have the same outcome.

I beleive it was your prayers and my family's prayers that helped me. This is a tremendous relief. I am so grateful to all of you for wishing me good luck.

God bless you all and know that I will be here to cheer you on when you go for your hearings and for anyting else you guys may need.

Love and hugs,
    Francey

[This Message was Edited on 09/03/2005]
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Congrats on the bench approval for SSD! It is good to hear about positive results at court like yours!
    Nancy
  3. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

One less stress in your life. Good for you. Persistence pays off with the SS people. They deny about 2/3 of us the first time and hope we disappear.God bless you.

Marie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

francy,

fantastic for you, myabe the word is getting out there through their heads that this is really delibitating. i have another open case in the intial phase right. i had a case won last year july but i was 39 years old at the time and and thought that because i was going through a rough divoce, etc. in my bio. that may have been causing my problems. even though i have mri w/ degenarative disc disease when i was only 31 years of age and bulging disc. anyways i have the fibro and all the wonderful things that go with it. you give my hopoe that possibly i may get approved before going to hearing again. we'll see.
    i hppy for you. it may be awhile for the money to come in call the ss office and find out personally.
  5. kimkane

kimkane New Member

Good for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wild isn't it?

I also won a month ago, after waiting 3 years.

Congrads, Kim
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you. Congratulations!!!

Love, Mikie
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You hope and hope, but when it's dragged on for several years, it is a shock to finally win isn't it.

I know just how you feel. It reminds me alot of when I won aftre 3 and a half years (to win it back for 2nd time, long story).

Jeanne
  8. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Please know that I am so grateful for all your congrats and support.

I have been going through a lot lately especially with the death of my beloved cousin Peter. You gave me strength then, before going to the hearng and now with your warm and sincere congratulations after my hearing.

God Bless you all and I pray that every single one of you who are still waiting, have an outcome as positive as mine was today.

Tender hugs
    Francey54
  9. gongee

gongee New Member

I prayed for you to win today and thought about you all day. God's will prevailed. I can't express how happy I am for you. Now one less stressor is off. Since I have seen you win this, I will be that much stronger for my hearing
    Friday. If you have any suggestions, please post them.
    I do think your statement about working showed the judge
    the truth. Relax and take care. Please continue to pray for me, and I will think of you as I go through those doors Friday.
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I am sooooo happy for you! That back pay will be wonderful!!!

Janet
  11. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Thank you so much for the congrats.

You are right, the retro pay will be fantastic. My husband said to me, "we have to celebrate this with a nice dinner and some wine". He also wants when the check comes in for us to go to a resort for a few days. I really need it, so I am lookig forward to it.

Thanks again.

Hugs,

Francey54
  12. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Congrats, I am so happy for you.

My long term disability company made me apply for SSDI. I hadn't, which made them angry, but I pointed out to them that they hadn't sent me a copy of my plan, so how could I know I was supposed to?

Anyway, I had thought that since I was still breathing, sort of, that it was hopeless with them.

Actually, I cried when my approval came on the first try. Before that, I had been in denial, thinking I would be back at work in a little while.

However, as a medical professional, I had forced my doctors to explore everything. EMG's, MRI's, PET Scan, Sleep Lab, hormone studies, had undergone physical therapy out the yahoo, and then was tested by them.

With really bad results on all these high-tech, high-cost tests, SSDI couldn't say I was a malingerer.

At any rate, I am so happy for you.
  13. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so Happy for you!! Big Congrats to you!!

((((Hugs))))
    Bluerose
  14. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hoooooooraaaaaaaaaaay for all the FMer's and CFSer's who post on this board! You are all "SO WONDERFUL"

I am overwhelmed with your responses to my getting my SSD. I feel your happiness by your respones. It's as if you yourselves were in my shoes.

I want you to know that I care very much for ALL OF YOU. My happiness is your happiness and your happiness is MINE!

This is what the world should be like. Everyone loving and caring for everyone. It fills my spirit with such joy to have found a little piece of heavan amongst YOU....

You have all applied this beautiful saying to your daily lives:

"Let love, life and hope be
    the motivating forces in my
    thoughts day by day"
    by: Edgar Cayce

God Bless.

Many soft hugs,

Francey
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2005]
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Whew! One more thing to not have to worry about. I'm so glad for you.

Sue