I can't believe it....Insurance Co. has finally given in

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Britt2, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Its been 8 months....they have tried to even build a pre-existing case on me from 2 years back.....today I got the news....
    They are FINALLY going to start my Long Term Disability Claim.
    Wow, I am beside myself......

I am having a horrible health day...but this news has just made me feel 100 lbs lighter...and just before Xmas too. I cannot believe that they have approved it, and on the first go as well. I have been prepping myself for a long battle thru appleals. I am thrilled.

I hope that this enspires others to keep thinking positive thru the waiting process as well.....for me, its worked in the end (and I do know others are not as lucky) !
    :)
    Erika
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sooooo happy for you. Enjoy your victory!

Love, Mikie
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

I cried when mine was approved. Now go out and celebrate. Feel better soon.
    Cath
  4. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Yea, tell me about it.....I am having my first glass of wine in ages tonite with my honey........he's the one who cried actually (I think he is just so relieved to be getting some help putting food in my mouth!)

Thanks for your Congrats.....hugs to you all :)
    e
  5. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Erika:

So glad that you have some good news. Enjoy it.

Ingrid
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That's wonderful to hear. May I ask which LTD insurance co. awarded your claim?
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Congratulations! That will give me hope.

I just got turned down and have to appeal. UGH!

Take care,
    Susan07
  8. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

I live in Canada so its BC Life that I have insurance under.....(from work). Its for 24 months so we'll see if I need to use it all or not.....
    They still want me to complete an hour long phone interview (they say its standard) but I am nervous.....with everything they have tried so far to not allow my claim.....I am still not out of the woods yet. Just makes me angry the way they are trying so hard to find a loop....for something just so stupid. Ahhh....
    e
  9. lin21

lin21 New Member

I know first hand what you must have went through but I never got mine. Luckily, i won my SSI case finally.
    Good for you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

10. gayatri

gayatri New Member

Celebrate-yes. I am sure this will help you recover and feel like you can live again. My insurance company is asking for objective medical evidence, even though I was in hospital for 3 weeks and home care for 6 weeks- of course I had a bacterail infection wich cleared but I now have all the classic CFIDS symptoms and my Internist stands behind me. What used to be a no brainer for me has now become a challenge and I feel worthless most of the time.

Then comes along an insurance company that tries to make you out to be a liar. Can't tell you how demoralising that is, and now I think this whole thing has statred affecting my personal life. I was perceived as this "carrer woman" and suddenly for the last 2 years I have been palgued with cancer,SBE (endocarditis) and CFIDS. Gosh what a life.
  11. Boo3

Boo3 New Member

congratulations to uu..
    maybe this will help open doors..or start
    tc and relax now
    best wishes..
  12. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

You must be so happy!! My Short term disabilty has been denied and we are in the process of appeal. I hope to get the same results as you some day!!