I can't believe it- what do I do?!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shoshi68, Sep 13, 2003.

1. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

it is nearing 3:00 am and sleep is nowhere in sight. The noise of the city has been silenced- everyone is sleeping. I have a big day tomorrow. Too much to do without enough rest. I didn't take a sleeping pill because of the hangover and now I'm suffering anyway. I cant decide, is it better to just stay awake and suffer tomorrow? or should I try to sleep and hope that it doesn't weigh me down. I am just so dern tuckerred and sleep won't come. what to do- oh- what to do?
  2. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

well, I'm the last one standing...sittitng really. so I'll figure out this buisness myself. not feeling sorrry for myself. just trying to to keep it light, as soon the sun will rise and i willl find myself aimlessly wandering through my day. Can any one say FIBRO-FOG? :)

Any way if you are reading this you might think I'm loopy... you'd be too with so little sleep- :)

I'm signing off in a few, too tired to read.

nighty night...

shoshi
  3. texascountry

texascountry New Member

I gave up fighting the insomnia about 4 years ago. I was on Ambien for most of that time and got pretty good sleep without the usual morning hang over. Within the last year, they stopped working and I was waking up 3 0r 4 times a night and not being able to get back. Dr. changed me to triazolam .25 mg. It takes two for sleep, but unless I am unusally stressed, I can get 5 or 6 hours of pretty good sleep. I also take lorazepam .5. This is a good old fashioned tranqilizer. I get so anxious, that I could take a whole bottle of sleeping pills and still be awake. Anyway, I sometimes take 1 or 2of these with the sleeping pill. The best part of these two drugs is that they are resonably cheap. I can afford them without insurance. I can't find any med to help with my pain or depression, but I can get some sleep. Good luck.
  4. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Last night was the first time in awhile I actually slept more than 6 hours. And I had to take a Xanax, which I really hesistate to do. My neck pain was pretty durn bad, and that's what was keeping up.

(((HUGS))) for the insomniacs.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To the post on "PROFOUND Fatigue." Klonopin has made all the difference in the world for me.

Love, Mikie
  6. Debrat

Debrat New Member

I feel your pain.........am doing the same thing.....fall asleeep about 3:30 or 4 a.m. then am suppose to get up and be to work at 7.right..............my boss so far has been good about my coming in 9/or 10 and working late.....don't think it will last.........I used to try and stay in bed now I just get up and do things......Am so tired most times can't see straight............still have to work full time tho.........getting harder........I am sorry....I truly know how you feel.........

good luck...............
    debra
  7. achy

achy New Member

Boy do i unerstand insomnia..used to do the same thing...
    you don't sy if your taking meds, but since your not sleping duh...i guess your not for whatever reason.
    there are many safe meds available, but if you refuse to take them try this....

as soon as you feel tired go to bed and lights out.
    Clear your mind....take notice of the quiet, or the ticking clock..or the dripping faucet.

now, picture a black chalk board in your mind....you pick up a piece of chalk and SLOWLY write the word ....
    s l e e p. look at it, letter by letter. now pick up the eraser. SLOWLY errase each letter, starting wiht the "p".

You'll be out before you get to the "l"

Try it, you may be surprised how easyily it works. The trick is to do it slowly and really concentrate. Even ppl wiht a racing brain can use this trick.

Warm fuzzies...and a nice nap
    Achy
  8. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I have suffered from this all my life, along with the FM. What I've learned here is that a "backwards biological clock" is caused by adrenal fatigue. Have you been tested for that? also, as soon as I started taking 400 mgs. of magnesium glyconate with some food just before bed I started sleeping a good 6-8 hours, depending on when I was made to get up.

Before all this, I tried my mother's philosophy - if you can't sleep, be content with just resting. Don't try so hard to go to sleep, that only makes it worse. Stop focusing on sleep. Tell yourself you're just going to lie there and rest for awhile. Without all the angst about sleep, your body will rest. Daydream instead. Chances are you will fall asleep and if you don't at least your body will have gotten some rest.

JoAnn
  9. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

You are all wonderful. fell asleep at about 4am, slept till 8am, and now i'm pooped.

will try not to pressure myself to sleep. i really don't like to take meds for sleep because I must do the school morning routine in the am.

Hugs- genlte ones to all...

shoshi
  10. spudzy

spudzy New Member

I see that you also have a lot of neck pain...I have pain all over, but it seems that the neck and shoulder pain is the most painful...sometimes it hurts to lay my head down and I also can not get sleep...I work 4 days at the office and the 5th day from home...Mon-Thur at the office and by wed night I feel like I can't make it one more day...got two more years to work and then will try to get disability....sometimes in the mornings I feel sick at my stomach......just roll out of bed and hit the hall way walls until I reach the shower and thank God for that hot water....any suggestions .....as you know we will all try anything....good luck.
  11. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

This has been helping my neck pain, and it also seems to soothe me. When the heat from the bag begins to slowly penetrate, I begin to feel more relazed. At times, when it doesn't really help much witht he pain, it always seems to soothe and calm me down.

I too have the early morning awakening. I used to get so frustrated with not being able to fall asleep. I would toss and turn and actually get angry. Finally, I just gave into to it. I do one of 2 things. I try to stay in bed for one more hour while I just get into the most comfortable position I can find (this is usually with a big pillow at my back to slightly lean back on - I'm a side sleeper). I accept that I'm not falling asleep, and I tell myself that I am going to just take that hour to relaze my body and mind before I get up. Sometimes, I end up falling asleep. If not, i get up and watch TV, read, turn on the computor.

It is exhausting to be exhausted and not be able to sleep a sufficient number of hours a night. Good luck everyone. Here's hoping that we sleep better eventually.
  12. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

Aside from the magnesium you use, what else is prescribed for your adrenal fatigue?
  13. mrskbarnett

mrskbarnett New Member

Most doctors reccomend an anti depressant with FM, my doctor gave me a perscription of Zyprexa 20 mg, to help me sleep at night. Zyprexa doesn't have that "hung over feeling" the next morning. I doesn't make you feel drowsey, it just helps you sleep and you wake up the next day and feel so good. I have always had problems with sleeping and some medications just made it worse. This is the first sleep medication that I've ever taken that doesn't make you feel that way. Try it, you may like it. I've told several people about it and they tried it and it really worked for them.
    Good luck hun, we all know what you're going through.
    Kim