I cant believe now my rhuem doc wont fill out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

short term disability papers for me. I couldnt get my neurlgist to do it either. I've been off work with this since Aug 7 and I have pay coming but nobody wants to do the paperwork. Must me they dont believe in this dieases or I wouldnt be having this problem. I dont know what to do now...I have an appt with this rheum doc next friday, I dont know wheather I want him to treat me or not. Oh I'm mad and stressed. None of these docs give a @#$ about anyone but themselves and thair money coming in....
    Totally stressed now
    Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2002]
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

short term disability papers for me. I couldnt get my neurlgist to do it either. I've been off work with this since Aug 7 and I have pay coming but nobody wants to do the paperwork. Must me they dont believe in this dieases or I wouldnt be having this problem. I dont know what to do now...I have an appt with this rheum doc next friday, I dont know wheather I want him to treat me or not. Oh I'm mad and stressed. None of these docs give a @#$ about anyone but themselves and thair money coming in....
    Totally stressed now
    Carla
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I need to vent...what do I do now if I cant find a doc who beleives in this terrible diease.
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

as you do, Your doctors probably believe you, they just don't want to be the one who has to do all the paperwork. Will your PCP do it for you? It's my PCP who fills out my paperwork, not the rheumatologist. Hope you're able to find a good doctor who will support you on this.

Dara
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I got the opinion when I told her I was DX with this, she said "its something your just gonna have to live with" so I'm sure she is going to turn me down to. With these docs not wanting to do the paperwork, it just makes me look bad at my work cause I'm sure their wondering why they wont fill it out and that theres nothing wrong with me. I dont understand why my rhuemy told me he would fill them out for FM then his nurse left a message on my cell which I just got, that he wont fill them out. Its so aggravating. What do ya have to do for anyone to believe ya. End it...
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

Charges me $25 every time he has to fill out the forms. But it is money well spent. If he could figure out how to pass the bill on to the stupid woman who we have to deal with he would.

Once she told me he had not sent her any forms from my previous visit. I mentioned it to him, because he's very organized and I found that doubtful. He sat there and looked at me and said, "I most certainly did,and I faxed them to her." He then walked into his office and came back immediately with the form in hand dated, with a time also. He had sent it on a Saturday morning.

So I sent her a letter telling her when he had faxed it,
    including date and time and suggested that perhaps it had been buried in the papers that came in over the weekend. He really wanted to charge her that time! But I told him
    she would just pass it along to me.

Barbara
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

Have you asked any of your docs why they don't want to fill out the paperwork? The first thing I did when I decided to file for SSDI and disbility retirement was discuss it with my doc. He told me he would support me 100% in it.

I doesn't hurt to ask and to mention that you cannot be paid the money you are entitled to without his support. I told one doctor's nurse that I wasn't getting paid when she told me he had been busy and that's why he hadn't filled out the form.

His findings were actually totally irrelevant to my case, but since the disability queen wouldn't beleive that I was stuck trying to get him to fill them out. I had called about three times already when I finally said that.

If a doctor has refused to fill out forms I would ask why and if you haven't asked one yet, do ask. You never know the answer until you ask. It's worth the simple question. You may get what you want. Even if you have to pay for it, in the long run it is definitely worth it.

Barbara
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Carla, perhaps there is a Dr. on the Good Dr. List who is nearby or a small commute. I think I would phone ahead, and ask if they diagnose and treat FM patients, and assist with disability papers. That way you would save not only money...but headaches, as well.
    Karen
  9. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Monday morning to find out why he changed his mind. I do have an appt with a fm doc but its not til oct 31 and I need my pay now, I'm getting so far behind in my bills and I also have a 17 yr old son that eats like a man. If I cant get any answers from the rhuem doc then I will plead with my family doc to help me. I f not then I'm screwed.

[ advertisement ]