I Can't get enough Sleep.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moose1070, Aug 27, 2003.

1. moose1070

moose1070 New Member

When I was frist DX with FM I never slept! Could not sleep, now that is all I want to do is sleep! I have to work 40+ hours a week because my husband still can not go back to work and I will even go to bed around 9-10pm. and can not get up in the moring?? Im sure some of may have to due with all the meds. I take before bed, ive even moved up pill time to 6:30-7:00pm. thinking that may help? NO!! I take 2 Zanaflex
    1/2 Xanax
    1 10mg. Oxcy.
    I know that the Zanaflex can make you sleepy but come on!!?? HELP!!! I cant be late for work any more, any thoughts??
    thanks for listening!!
    Moose1070
  2. LAFR

LAFR New Member

Hi, I was just diagnosed in Feb. I'm tired all the time too! ..I'm taking Amitriptlyne, only 10mg which is the lowest dose(I can't handle meds very well too sensitve) . I take it at 6pm and I still can't wake up in the morning so I took 1/2 still can't wake up...I've been drinkig alot of coffee which is really bad I know..but I hate being tired all the time. And let's get real..It's hard to take naps..you have too much going on in life ... so I wonder if somebody has a protein drink or something to help energize us..I've been drinking alot of water lately which helps alittle ( maybe because ya have to go to the bathroom all the time) I don't know.. but I'm right there with ya!!!!! Wake me up!
  3. wle

wle New Member

but my thought is that you are not getting enough deep (what is is called - REM) sleep. I would talk to you Dr. about this. Some meds make you sleep - but if you do not go into the deep sleep you sill are tired and want to sleep even more. Good Luck! WLE

will add that the ami did that to me too...slept all night....slept every minute that I could find to sleep, except when I wasn't eating. It was an awful experience. I am taking topamax now and so far so good.

[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2003]
  4. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

i'm thinking of calling this little club of ours "the ifimite pajama party" the word party kinda cheets me up heeheee take it easy ya'll elizabeth
  5. moose1070

moose1070 New Member

Acheybrakey,
    As far as I know I just have the FM? but it took five years for them to get to this point? I often wonder what is nexted? Everyday something new seems to come up, pain in legs, now today, pain under arm pits,down to arms? So, so, so sleepy! Im telling you if I closed my eyes here at work, id fall alseep, my body just is telling me to lay down and I cant!? I dont know what to do, I drink coffee all morning and in the afternoon diet coke and that dose not work, I tried to lay off some of the pain meds. during the day and that just dose not work, the pains comes back so bad!? Im at a stand still, have to work, to tired to work! Never knowing from day to day what is gonna hurt or ache nexted?? Who knows??
    Thanks for listening,
    Moose1070
  6. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

I can so relate with you. No matter what sleep aid I take it is to difficult to get up in the morning. I lay there and think of at least 10 reasons not to get up. I am 61 years old and still working 40 hours a week. I will try to retire next year when I turn 62 but am so worried about not being able to get insurance between 62-65. The other day on the way home from work I fell asleep briefly at the wheel - it was the little bumps in the road as I crossed the line that brought me back. This is getting scary. I am so glad to be able to share my thoughts here with you guys. No one else, even my husband, would ever understand. Good luck to us both!! and all the other people here with the same problem....I know there are many!!