I can't remember my pin number

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lauralea443, Oct 11, 2005.

1. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

I'm not in a brain fog, but I went online to find out what checks paid, like I do almost everyday, and I can't remember my pin.

I thought I had it right, but went I put it in it say wrong number.

Argggggggg, maybe in a few hours I'll remember. Hopefully it's the system and not me. LOL

I sat there staring at the screen thinking, what the hell is going on. All I can do is laugh

Blessings
    Laura
  2. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Here's a trick someone taught me years ago -- even before pin #'s. He had used this method to remember telephone #'s that he didn't want anyone else to know (????).

Anyhow, he would write it out as a math problem -- you know the way we were taught in elementary school. If your PIN is 84529, write it as a math problem on the back of a business card or something else you keep in your wallet.
    EX: 845 + 29 = 874 -- but with the #'s right under one another. The answer, of course, means nothing. Just a way of disguising your PIN with the combination of the other #'s.

I've done this myself for years -- and I try to keep all my PINs and passwords the same... My brain is always in a deep deep fog!! LOL

Mar
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

we have to change the number every six months - a real pain - but you can go back the next day and change it to what is was before.

If you can't remember, they will usually tell you over the phone, or reset it so that you can go in and change it. At least my bank will.
  4. Simoriah

Simoriah New Member

I have gotten to the point that I forget everything! I bought a large desk calender and have started writing down everyting on it, and that helps a lot, it's right in front of me everyday. Outlook has become my best friend as I can keep track of everything from phone numbers to simple tasks such as ironing.

My fog has gotten to the point that I have went to the bank to cash a check and forgetten the check at home! I have also put the milk in the cupboard after pouring a glass and once I forgot to dry the clothes. I threw them fromthe washer into the basket and carried the wet clothes into the family room to fold them. Then I stood there with a wet towel in the family room and wondered why they were still wet! LOL

My husband refers to these episodes as fibro-fun, as its always good for a laugh!
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have to or I wouldn't remember my PIN number when I do my checking account online. One time I put the wrong number in and nothing happened. I thankfully, had the correct number written down on my info from the bank.

Now I have the number written down on a card in a safe place. I have a Works document that has over 7 pages with URL's and sensitive info I need. I write EVERYTHING down! Even have the password for this site and my username written down. lol

Hugs,
    Faye

6. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Pin # is gone forever, so will have to go to bank and confess soon.

Today I forgot how to write the numbers out on a check.

My handwriting looks terrible!

Francie