I can't sleep!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Jul 11, 2011.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

No matter what I do I just cant sleep for more than 2-4 hours and am feeling exhausted. i have taken 5mg ambien for several years and it has worked for me fairly well and also take morphine for pain and xanax for anxiety.. I often wake up drenched in sweat in the early a.m. and onced something wakes me im awake for the day and any little noise wakes me,its like Im never in a deep sleep.the only thing different that ive been taking is vitamin d3.I feel like running away to someplace where theres no noise,light no interuptions just want to sleep! Is there any such place????
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Have you tried it? I went thru the Ambien and other assorted sleep meds, but Traz has worked the best for me at 50-100mg. If I don't take it, my sleep is light and I wake up frequently. With it, I pretty much sleep deeply and stay asleep all night. I've been taking Traz for over 10 yrs, I wouldn't want to be without it!

Also, I am an earplug addict! I started using them due to my husband's snoring sessions, but have become kind of dependent on having absolute silence in order to sleep. I use Mack's earplugs, they're blobs of soft silicone and are very comfortable (the foam kind that you roll up and shove in your ear canal are not nearly as good as these).

Hope you find something that helps. Sleep is good!
  3. KerryK

KerryK Member

Have you had a sleep study? You may need a CPAP. Also, I get a lot of good sleep using a combination of Nabilone, gabapentin and melatonin.
  4. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Dear Campbeck,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have insomnia. It surely goes along with all of these DD's and the all the meds we take. I myself have fibro, CFS, panic disorder and Bipolar II and take a lot of meds. I was just dx'd with the Bipolar 3 months ago and had to start on a few new meds and lower some. Talk about crazy sleeping patterns! I could barely sleep at all and then I would konk out and sleep 11-12 hours! My dr. raised my Klonipin from 1 mg. at night to 2 mg. and I have been sleeping so much better! It's a lot like Xanax but it helps me sleep better and doesn't make me feel groggy in the morning. I am now sleeping 8-9 hours most nights and feel so much better!

I wonder about the D-3 and if you are taking the right dose for you or just having side effects to it? My dr. prescribed 2,000 mg. but I am only taking 1,000 now. The problem with the higher dose for me was constipation, good times, lol! with the 1,000 mg. I don't have that problem. Maybe your dr. can increase your ambien or try a different med.

Good luck and I hope you find an answer soon so you can get some sleep. Since lack of sleep tends to make our pain worse as well as our ability to function, I'm sure you are in severe distress! I am sure that you will get some good ideas and comments from lots of others on this board!

Faith and Peaceful Rest,