I can't take it any more

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jan 2, 2011.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Tonight it is so cold out side some where around 0 degree's and my whole body aches, all my bones hurt when I breathe, touch them , move wrong. I dont' remember when I have been in so much pain at one time unless I had surgery. I hurt in my joints, under my arms my ribs hurt so bad that it makes my chest hurt. I odn't knnow what to do . I am about ready to take my night time meds and I am praying that some or all of this pain will ease and let me sleep soon. I can't take the headache , muscle pain , bone pain. knee pain, Just all over pain. I don't mean to complain , I have never felt like this before. I really don't know what to do? Do I calkl my rehumy in the AM it will take 2-4 weeks to see him, or I could call my GP and see him tomorrow ,he won't give me any thing for the pain that is strong enough to ease any of my pain , he does not like to prescribe narcotics that are aaany thing stronger than Lortab 10's. And I take MScontin 100 mg's x2 a day, MSIR up to 4 times a day , soma, visteril, xanax and IBpruhpen over the counter. I am ready to cry and want to scream but I cant take the pain. Help what can I do?
  2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Rosemarie, I am so sorry that you are so miserable. I really don't have any helpful advice because i know how some docs are about pain meds. I would be looking for a different doc, in the meantime....

i just wanted you to know that i heard you and someone is out here thinking about you....and wishing you the best....i hope that you get some help tomorrow....

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I totally relate to your kind of pain. I'm struggling with the cold weather too. I've been using my heating pad and my massage pad alot and they do help.

I hope one of your drs will be able to see you soon and you can figure out a new plan.

Take care,

Bead and also a fellow Utahn[This Message was Edited on 01/02/2011]
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Rosemarie,
    Yes, the cold has been terrible!! I think it's killing all of us. Couple things I do that help. I had my primary doc dx me a compounded topical pain med from a compounding pharmacy. It contains an NSID and lidocaine. I use it on the areas that hurt me the most, and then I also use 1 or 2 hot water bottles in my bed.

I get the water heated on the stove to near boiling and put them in my bed about an hour before I go to bed and leave them in the bed all night. It really helps me at least. Ya know a lot of times the topical med works way better than the meds I take by mouth. I'm so sorry that you hurt so bad.

Take care,
  5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am going to call once of the dcotors just dont' know which one, My rehumyt has me in a quandry how often should I be seeing him as he is the one who prescribes all my meds, { Mscontin, MSIR, Soma, xanax, visteril and any other meds he feels I need. He cut back all my meds at my request as teh doctor previous to him was a pin doctor who had been dtreating mein the middle of my after care for surgey oin my left had , wrist { has a titauim plate and six screws in it to hold it together, It has now been close to seven yeres suince i sghattered my left wrist and brok hte reaius tthat has a titaium plate and 6 screws to heold me together again. I was on really HIGH doseages of Mscontin, I was the one that wanted to reduce the dosage of my MSconitn. It is now 2 100 mg mscontin 2 x a day.
    is struggling as to what to do with me. I dont' wat the knee incections as all they did was make me hurt more than before, He sees me only 1 time a year and has no clue as to how my meds work for me or don't work he is not a great llistener, wants to do things his wa and I can't afford to have my knee's replaced for many years, the insurance co-pay is way too high for me to prepay the surgery, I have a $175.00 co-pay for any hospital stay for the days 1-7 costing me an out of pocket expence of $1225.00 before they will pay the rest of the bill as well as another surgery co-pay of $150.00. I don't think.

I dont' want much just a MD who cares about my pian and why I an having it all the tiime and is willing ot look for a reason for it. I just want to fel better to be able to play newest grandbabies. I want to have fun in playing with all my grandbabies. most of all I just want to stop having nights likeI have had in the past few nights,. I would like some answers as to why my bones ache all over , why my muscles hurt like they do. i can't deal with this much longer , I jsut want to be happy and to be able tp play wiht my grandbabies. Thank you for all your thougths and prayers. it you can think of reason why I am having this severe pain all over my body and inside it Please suggest it to me.
    Thaks again,
  6. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

We have mved into a rental house that has the least amount of insulatition possiable. No mater where I sit there is a cold draft hitting my feet and legs. I know that my hubby is irratated becaue the heat bill is high . i keep the house hotter than he thinks is nessary. But for me even when the temp is 75 degree's I am still chilly. Once I get cold I stay that way and have a hard time getting warmed up again.

I did call my dcotor but missed his call when I had to with my daughter, she has a 3 month old baby who was sleeping and needed this nap time. So I sat in the truck with her while she did some errands. When we got home it was after hours for the doctor. I have a message machine but for some reason he did leave a message. I will callagain tomorrow and see what he has to say. I really don't want to go in as I doubt that he would change any thing in my pain meds. and does not offer any changes in my scripts.
    I feel a bit better today but sitll have a huge headache and I don't know how to get rid of it. I took some over the conter Ibprophen and it has not helped at all. I dont' know what do to about the added pain, I am wondering if it can be caused by teh slight fender bender I had about two weeks ago. I was at teh grocery store and as i backed out so did another lady and we met in the middle , hitting each other hard, My car has no damage except that it helped to make my side mirror looser and I bumped it the oter day and now it is hanging on by a thread. But the damage to her car was much worse for her than me. I felt the bump as we hit each other and ever since that day my lower back had hurt woress htan usual. But when you have fibro, DDD, buldging discs L4 L5 L5 and S1, bad knees and end stage oesteoarthritis in both knee's and arthritis all over my back. I knew I would fee; pain but did not think of the fender bender untill I talked with teh doctor's staff. I may have messed up my back and hurt something. I am just tired of being in pain. I am so tired that no one understands that I do have fibro and it will can does cause added pain out of the blue I get so tired so exhusted so fast . I know that sometimes I sound like I have taken a pain pill when I have not but I am just tired and drozy and sound like I am still half alseep. Why can't people understand that this fibro is real that I am in pain 24/7 and I haev days wher suddenly my pain is 100% worse { or so it seems to me} I just want to be believed ,understood by my family. I can't take the pain that comes with a flare and I think that the fender bender has caused a delayed flare. Wish that I could get people to believe that the pain is real. I need some one to believe in me.