I can't take these sinus headaches anymore

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

For the last three weeks, I have had a sinus headache everyday and I am about to lose my mind

I have tried to use the Neti Pot, but it seems to make it worse. I take Allegra daily.

The weather in western PA has just been horrible.....wet, damp, today it has just been raining non stop - torrential downpours. I am sure it is not helping me much

I did start Lexapro (very very small dose) several weeks ago, and I am wondering if this is part of it, since headache is a side effect - I just didn't expect sinus headaches

Any advice? It is making me very depressed
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so badly physically and mentally. I used to have these a lot and took Claritin daily... It didn't seem to help. I know take Xazal 5 mgs daily. It helps with the sinus drip... I don't have any sore throat or clearing the throat all the time.

I hope you get some answers. Xazal is prescription and not cheap.

Oh and I'm going to 20 mgs of Lexapro now. I'm starting the feel the effects of menopause and I need it for the extra anxiety. I never had headaches due to Lexapro...

Feel better...
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i use flonase everyday and i have not had a sinnus problem in 4 yrs i was always having sinnus infections and ear infections i still get the drip once in awhile but saline takes care of that good luck
  4. daylight

daylight New Member

What works for me is extra strenght mucinx (sp?) .
    I have had chronic sinusitis for years now and this stuff helps but it may take two day to kick in . I also cut out all sugar ans dairy as much as possible . If you can during the Holidays .
    I've even had my sinus's scraped out and the turbines removed
    but it didn't help. Also I use sudifd spray but you should use that for more than 7 days at a time becasue over use can cause congestion to get worse.
    I would see an ear nose and throat doctor when you can . Sometimes chronic sinsus infections are a sign that there is something else going on.
    It was in my case . I also have severe RA.
    Hope that you are feeling better soon.
    Oh and a vaporizer may help to . I you don't have that then the old pan of hot water and a towel .
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I wish I had an answer for you but all I can do is relate somewhat to what you are going through.

My sinus issues are driving me crazy, this has been going on since August. Been the antibiotic route, they do help for awhile but then its back. Since Sept. the sinus issue has been here to stay.

Now, its my ears and the off balance, I am so scared the vertigo is coming again.

I awake every morning with the headache which after I have been up for awhile it does ease off some. I have tried the nasal irrigation , everything and seem nothing helps.

The weather does have some effect . Not sure about the lexapro, have you checked with your doctor?

The sinus problems causes my anxiety/depression to be so much worse.

I called today and made an appointment with the doctor again, so far now much help but we shall see.

I do hope you get to feeling better, as it is misery...

God Bless,
  6. dragonturtle

dragonturtle New Member

When I have sinus headaches, the only thing that I found that helped was Sinu-tab.
    I think that it is a wonderful product. The problem is, the only place that I could find it was in individual packages at convenience stores. I haven't seen it sold anywhere else. If you can find it, you might give it a try. Good luck.
  7. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

They had a woman on yesterday, who had been suffering with chronic sinus infection for over 20 years and tried everything, even surgery, but nothing helped much. She suffered with the headaches, fatigue, dizzy spells...and well, you understand/

They did a new operation on her where they put a small balloon into her sinus that opened them up and kept them open.

Anyway, she was on only a week after surgery and was feeling better already. Don't know when this will be readily available, but it seems like something to look into for those chronic sinus problems.

My sinus problems are not as bad as yours, but I have tried flonase in the past and it only seems to work for a few weeks, then does nothing for me.[This Message was Edited on 12/19/2008]
  8. jlbean10

jlbean10 New Member

Do you have allergies? I too have suffered from this sinus headache and kept thinking I had sinus infections. But thru talking with many people with CF/FM - They say it is myofacial syndrom. I can't remember how to spell it correctly. sorry.
  9. emmally

emmally New Member

I suffered from severe sinus headaches for years. I tried almost every medicine out there and even got sinus cat scans done but did not need the surgery. There was no build up. My allergist thought they were due to my allergies causing inflamation. Well I tried allergy medicine and nothing worked. The funny thing is that when I went on beta blockers this year for my heart the sinus headaches pretty much ended. The only reason I can think of is that I read once that a lot of people have sinus headaches and they are really caused by a type of migraine not allergies of blocked sinuses, infections..etc.. Well I know these types of migraines are treated with calcium and beta blockers. Well I now get maybe a mild one a month and I used to have them literally DAILY.....for years....hope this helps
  10. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i had a nasty sinus infection with headaches recently- i was desperate for help. i tried a new thing for me- Xlear sinus spray. got it at health store. maybe they have it at grocery store too? well my sinuses healed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so, either it worked, or my sinus problem just cleared up on its own. maybe try this Xlear spray???? look it up online to read more about it. i think i paid about 10.00 for it.
    good luck
  11. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks all for your responses

I will try a few things listed here

Yes, I do have bad allergies so I take the Allegra
  12. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

There's a Sinus Cleanser product from Dr. R. Becker at www.bioinnovations.net.
    It deals with the underlying cause rather than just subduing the symptoms of sinus problems. It provides broad spectrum anti-microbial and powerful cleansing action. It contains Wild Indigo (baptisia tinctoria), Oregano, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Colloidal Silver, pH Salt Water.

Hope you get relief soon!!

[This Message was Edited on 12/22/2008]