I can't work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mshonda400ex, Aug 27, 2006.

1. mshonda400ex

mshonda400ex New Member

I'm only 23 and for the past three years I have had at least five jobs. I was wondering if I am too young to give up on working? Working 40 hours a week takes more out me than staying at home. And even at home I have a hard time working around the house. I think my husbands family is starting to think that I am lazy and neeed to work. It really bothers me that my family doesn't understand. What is a good way to educate them? Thanks for all your responses on my other posts, you guys are sooo GREAT!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Whether you can work might depend on the type of work you are doing. If you are trying to do physically hard work, it will be hard.

Perhaps clerical work with no heavy lifting? Also, some jobs start later in the day. If you have a hard time early in the day, you can look into clerical work at a hospital where they have shifts from 3-11. Just an idea.

I can't do anything before noon each day.
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

If you would post you bio we may be able to reply to your question better.

Barb
  4. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

do i ever know how you feel!!!!! I'm 51 but most of the time people think I'm in my 30's. I filed for disability last year and it has been a nightmare waiting for it to go through. my doctor is in agreement with me that working would be impossible. I have severe fibro in all 18 points of my body. he comented to me "Who would hire you"? I barely get my housework done. my husband does the shopping and cooking and whatever it takes. i tried to work later in the day and for awhile it was ok (i only work 3 or 4 days a week for about 4 to 5 hours) but my body gave out. I almost passed out on my last day of work. what a nightmare.