I consider my FMS a blessing

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by risinforce, Aug 18, 2004.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

Yes you read that right. I truely consider my affliction with Fibro a blessing. The reason why is because since coming down with this disease my relationship with the lord has improved beyond words. Prior to getting FMS I was always a believer and I worshiped but not regularly. Now I have learned so very much. This disease has taught me to put all of my worries unto him. To Trust, have faith. I pray all the time now and have a feeling of contentment that I have never experienced. I cannot tell you how this feels. I have not once felt that I was cursed or had a "poor me" feeling. This is a blessing. This disease has made me reach to jesus instead of trying to figure things out myself. No longer do I live in 100% flesh mode. I have learned the difference between flesh and spirit and how it effects us. Oh the devil tries to get in there and there are some days he succeeds but I now have the faith and courage to fight back.

I have received so many blessing in the last 8 months (since FMS) and God has provided for myself and my family during my time of unemployment due to this illness. I could go on and on. All I know is that each day I thank the lord for my illness because without it I do not know where my spirit would be.

Thank you for hearing my story. I felt it should be shared because it may just change the view of someone with FMS who is not feeling so happy.

All my prayers! Shawn
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

My son was diagnoised with Schizophrenia a few months ago and he told me he was thankful God has given him this disease because it knocked him off his high horse and is making him a better person. My son has a very high IQ and had little patients for people because he thought they were stupid.

Since my son became ill, he has lost his ability to make reasonable dicisions, has extremly poor judgment, and he cannot think clearly. Needless to say this is humbling to him, and he has seen the error of previous thinking. He now realizes that God created people the way he wanted them, and he had no right to judge God. Also, my son's heart is much softer, and he has more of the child like faith he had when he was a little boy.

I firmly believe God allows bad things to happen to his children because it brings them closer to him.

God Bless

Yesh
  3. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Boy do I agree with you! This awful pain and weakness has made me trust in God and rely on Him hour to hour and minute to minute. I used to be able to do so much on my own before I got sick (such arrogance to think that, no?), but now I know where all the help comes from.

"There are NO crown-bearers in Heaven that were NOT cross-bearers on earth"

Thanks, Peace and Love.