I cooked taco meat in the crock pot--outside

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

My house was already too hot and I promised to bring shredded beef to friend's house to make burritoes tonight. We have several electric outlets in the carport---So I found a small table & put the crock pot on it in the shade and made a great batch of taco meat.

I'm cooking outside more often.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Needn't just be for grills. I've used my "Set It And Forget It" on my lanai. My kitchen is small so why tie up counter space and an outlet. My favorite small appliance is my Cuisinart grill/griddle which I use on top of my stove. Of course, I can't use the stove when I use it there but if I do a steak, I'll use the microwave or steamer for veggies. If I'm making my organic whole wheat pancakes, it's hand to use it on the stove. I have a ceramic cooktop stove so cleanup is a snap.

I also love the crockpot. Mmmmm! Tacos.

Love, Mikie
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

What kind of meat did you use?? It sounds good and different than the usual hamburger meat usually used. At least that is what I have used. We do love tacos. Do you use a recipe?

I also love my crock pot when I get to use it and have a nice recipe.

[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2011]
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I used round steak, but you could also use stew meat or even a roast. No set recipe but I used about 4 pounds of frozen round steak, and sliced them into strips when they were almost de-thawed.

I put into my crock with 3 big spoons of crushed garlic and a can of french onion soup--enough to cover. you could also use beef broth but I didn't have any.

I gave each steak a light sprinkle of cumin too. I made the meat very mild so others could spice it up the way they like it.

I cooked this for about 2 hours on high and then about an hour on medium. it was very tender when done and hubby took 2 fork and pulled the meat apart.

we used lettuce, cut up olives, tomatoes, avacado, onions, fresh ciltranto, we used a blend of jack & cheddar cheese, sour cream and warmed refried beans. We also had tostitoes chips

This was a fun dinner enjoyed by all. Happy cooking!!!

Also had salsa

[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2011]