I crashed for 18 hours!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Nov 7, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I came home from work yesterday after feeling extremely bad for four days and went to bed. Nothing unusual about that, but this time I slept without waking up for 18 hours! The last few days have been excruciatingly painful and I have been so very fatigued that work has been horrible and I have just counted the minutes until I could go home. I blew off my water therapy yesterday and just got into my warm bed. I put my heating pad on...I don't have an electic blanket and I have just felt cold for days. I remember finding a comfortable way to rest and that's it! My husband came home at some point and fixed himself a bowl of soup (God Bless Him) and I don't remember any of it. I had not even taken my meds except for my lunchtime Ultram! I do remember a lot of dreams, but I didn't wake up fully once! I woke up this a.m. at 9:30 feeling stiff and sore, but more rested than I have in a week or so.
    Does anyone else ever do this...without meds.? I just seem to go and go and then I crash for days! This just can't be a good thing, but I seem to have two speeds......REALLY FAST and r-e-a-l-l-y- s-l-o-w!
    Love to all,
    Kady

2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I came home from work yesterday after feeling extremely bad for four days and went to bed. Nothing unusual about that, but this time I slept without waking up for 18 hours! The last few days have been excruciatingly painful and I have been so very fatigued that work has been horrible and I have just counted the minutes until I could go home. I blew off my water therapy yesterday and just got into my warm bed. I put my heating pad on...I don't have an electic blanket and I have just felt cold for days. I remember finding a comfortable way to rest and that's it! My husband came home at some point and fixed himself a bowl of soup (God Bless Him) and I don't remember any of it. I had not even taken my meds except for my lunchtime Ultram! I do remember a lot of dreams, but I didn't wake up fully once! I woke up this a.m. at 9:30 feeling stiff and sore, but more rested than I have in a week or so.
    Does anyone else ever do this...without meds.? I just seem to go and go and then I crash for days! This just can't be a good thing, but I seem to have two speeds......REALLY FAST and r-e-a-l-l-y- s-l-o-w!
    Love to all,
    Kady

3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I haven't actually slept that long, but there have been weekends when I get up and go directly to the couch and fall back asleep off and on.

I think our body tell us when it "can'take no more" I don't feel as guilty as I use to when I sleep away my whole weekend. Sometimes we just have too. Remember our bodies heal when we are asleep, and FMers generally don't keep the deep sleep that we all need. So I'm sure it was your bodies way of tring to fix itself..
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I got up at 5:30, made my hubby french toast, stayed up until my son got off to school & went back to bed, have gotten up a few times today & gotten on computer a few times & went back to bed.

I am giving serious consideration to taking a shower. Don't want to rush to any decisions, I will ponder it for a while.

Jaci
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Don't rush into that shower thing, girl, you MAY wake up and stay that way all night!! lol I have a lot of experience in that area!!!
    Kady
  6. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

I am soooo jealous... only sleep 6 hrs. a night , at the most..... Have a painless day!!
    LadyDragon
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I NEED a juicer, don't I?? I'll try. This weak old belly of mine rejects anything that tastes bad...any advice on fruity tasting things to cover up veggy tasting things? I am just like a kid in this way~~very picky eater! I have had a chronically low potassium level for years due to diuretics and it is borderline right now. I have nearly died from it before...back in 1988 I was hospitalized for 2 weeks from it. I am taking a potassium supplement now. I drink only water now and lots of it..almost a gallon a day. I stopped all of my diet drinks over a month ago and that HAS to be a good thing!
    Thank you so much for this information!
    Love,
    Kady
  8. Lulanni

Lulanni New Member

i am a VERY picky eater who can barely eat enough vegetables as it is so i was wondering if there are any ingrediants i could use in juicing that are more on the fruity side or something that will at least cover up the veggie taste?
  9. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Kady, I've been actually wondering about myself too with the really fast and really slow. I seem to have lost my balance somewhere! I always have trouble sleeping but some days when I'm up at 3am I am raring to go; then other times I am so beat I crash like you did. I'm beginning to understand bi-polarism as never before, evne tho I've never had that issue. I took a picture of me the other day because I have changed radically in just the past 6 months -heard it might help with SSD if I last till then. HA! BonBons
  10. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I'll try the lemon and apple in the carrot juice. I'm sure willing to try!!
    Bonbons, I, too, can be wide awake and ready to roll at 3:30 a.m. I do my best work and planning then, knowing full well that I have to be at work by 6:30 a.m.! Oh well, this is me......
    I should've taken pics of me before all of this, too. I used to be quite attractive I was told.....now I look like a tired old dog with my butt dragging!
    Love,
    Kady
  11. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I've been trying it, too, I go every few days to get one. Could be a placebo effect but any effect is welcomed - it does seem to help and I really love the taste and the idea of putting something so good in this weary bod. I insist on organic carrots since I lived in an agricultural valley where everything was sprayed from a helicopter and that's where I originally crashed and burned. (Don't wanna know what they sprayed!) I'm thinking of getting my own juicer, too, since I pay $3 per drink and more if I add anything...BonBons