I did file for SS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellygirl, Sep 13, 2008.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I was told it is ok for me to work the 18 hours I am working. I told the SS guy that I don't know how much longer I can keep working those 18, but it's ok as long as I don't go over a certain amount.

I have a w/c settlement this week and depending on if I get any $$$$ out of it, that, too, has to be reported.

I thought I would let everyone know. All that we know about SS and how our cases work helps everyone else here.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Heres hopeing it all works out Good for you!,,It's such a process!,,,,Goodluck!,,,,Sis
  3. Didoe

Didoe New Member

best of luck kelly...I dont know all the details, but anyone who qualifies and needs it, shouldn't have to get on their knees to plead the way we have to.
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I don't know how much longer I can work these 18 hours. I am paying settlement on several credit cards, some for medical reasons.

But, as long as I can, I am allowed to work these hours.

One day at a time.

I am finding because pain in someone else can't be seen, people do have a hard time comprehending how a person living with pain is suffering. I don't think my kids believe me, but I don't care anymore, I need to do this for me.

5. findmind

findmind New Member

I hope you have searched on the CFS/FM board under SSDI, so you have plenty of info, in case you need it.