I DID IT AGAIN {yet another pic on profile}

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mindbender, Nov 3, 2006.

1. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I'm leaving to feed demdarn barn animals so I can't answer any replies but I'll leave the comp on so when I come back I'll see them

I hope you like this one. It's one of my favorites.

Remember it also was printed from that guys awful scanner.

....................e..n
    ................b..........t
    ............d..................a
    ........n.........r............l
    ....i.............e.........l
    m.....................v..o
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

what do you do for a living?You really should sell your work .This is some of the best work I have ever seen.

Do you have enough done to have a showing ?
  3. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I like this one even better then the last Native American Indian...

Scanner or not, it looks great...

Suz
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

You are a very Fantastic Artist!! Love the Native American Pictures!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thankyou for sharing your art work with us!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney
  5. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I was about to have a nap, but felt obligated to tell you how gifted you are. Wow, you really need to be VERY PROUD of yourself. You really are incredibly talented! You truely could make a career this way. I have a deep appreciation for native Americans/Canadians and feel this is a very spiritual tribute. Have you ever taken any art lessons, or is this straight from the heart? Thank you & Please keep sharing your artwork. Laura
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I love this and I love the title.

I'm also sitting here trying to figure out what your letter design says this time...... I am so not good at those kinds of things. I get the mindben...and the lover part... Hmmm. Wait! Would your name be Ben Tallover?? Interesting. Good exercise for the brain.

Kholmes could figure it out, I'll bet.

Marta

[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2006]
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

What a gorgeous drawing- a true work of art. I am so impressed with the detail for a 5 x 7. You are truly gifted and as Marta would say "I'm in a state of awe".

It is a shame these dds have robbed you of your ability to still do this. Do you still try every now and then. I have scolosis in my upper back and doing glass kills me, but I figure I am going to hurt anyway, so why not do it. Of course it takes me a lot longer to finish a project but when it's done, I forget all about the pain.

Have you thought about having prints made and sell on line or art shows? It is shame to let such talent and beauty gather dust. Thanks for sharing-Carla
  8. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Wow Mind

I am so impressed. I wish I had your gift!

hugs Redwillow
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Now.. This reminds me of my mothers work. She did an entire series of native americans. I still have a portrait at home of chief Victorio and a little indian dancer that we took a picture of at a pow wow. Mom used to always keep her camera ready and when she would see an interesting face or an interesting scene she would click a pic and paint it later.
    Beautiful work my friend!
    dona
  10. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Awesome pic! U r very talented!
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You never cease to amaze me. Love this picture.

Dan, is this a recent work? How long does it take you to draw/paint this type of picture?

Just amazing. You are great!!

Lolalee
  12. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

You are truely talented. Keep up the wonderful work.

Pam
  13. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You are a great artist Mindbender. Keep sharing your talent with us.
  14. mindbender

mindbender New Member

So I'm answering them now.

carebelle,(- I don't do anything for a living. I had to quit working. Now I'm just in pain for a living.(as I'm sure we all are)
    wish_to_ be_healthy,(- thank you
    sisland, (- thank you
    abc.,(- No lessons, raw,as they say, I'm working on doing it again, I am doing some wood carving and doing pretty good at it. It's kind of like drawing on a block of wood, only 3d.
    marta608, (- Funny,...mind bent all over. I'm not Ben Tallovor. I think his art is better than mine, even though I've never seen his.
    ckball, (- yours are great. No I don't do shows, I don't have enough originals to show or make a portfolio. That stuff was never important to me until I was forced out of working. I'm going to make prints of that barn picture when it its finished. It's not nearly as blurry as it was on the profile.
    redwillow,(- thank you
    donogan,(- I always wanted to do the camera thingy and tried it even, but it's like band aids, I can't keep them around because the kids use them for every little thing.
    Butterfly_of_grace,(- Thank you
    lolalee,(-The pic is 4yrs old. I did it last, right before I got real ill. They take alot of time to finish. I never kept track because my mind was never on the clock. I've always had a one track mind, and can only cocentrate on that particular thing. A long time, even 5/7's. That's why I do mostly 5/7's.
    pw7575, (- Thank you
    sandyz, (- Thank you also

Thanks to everyone again. I hope this helps. I've just never taken it seriously. I have time to do that now.

Dan
  15. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

You have great talent. I love your works of art. Keep posting them, I really enjoy it.

sees
  16. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Maybe if you could do more Indian pictures you could have a printer print them onto little note cards and sell say a package of 10 with envelops.I know people would love American note cards with these beautiful drawlings.

You really should share your talent you are just wonderful.
    I'm sure you could use the extra money.

I wish I was able to help you . I have done Art sales in the pass.I am just to sick to do that now for someone else.

You might be able to even do a calender with 12 Indians and sell them on ebay.
    Your work really needs to be shared .Maybe there is someone at your Chamber of Commerce who would help you do this if they know you have this DD.Call and ask if there is someone willing to help you like a Artest in town .
    I hope I'm not to pushie but I am really excited you have sooooooooooooo much talent.

17. kriket

kriket New Member

Love it. I collect indian artifacts and this is a wall hanger. It would go perfect with my arrowhead collection!!!
    Keep up the gret work!!!!!!

Kriket
  18. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Stop kidding; take down that photo and put up your drawing. Haha

When you say 5 x 7 are you talking the size of the picture?

Your work is fantasic. Greeting cards might be a good idea. There is a lady in my home village, now in her 70s,
    who is very talented, but has had no training.

You can tell the no training part, because she'll do a beautiful winter lancsacpe, but have the shadows going in different directions.

She had some of her painting printed up on cards and they are sold at a local shop. Have no idea how many she sells or if she has other outlets. I bought some from her thru the mail.

You could have your drawings printed up on stationery too. I wonder what a small ad in a magazine dealing w/ the old west would cost?

I would be very proud if I could do what you do.

[ advertisement ]