I did it and am still alive, miserable but alive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi all- Well all of my teeth are gone now. I love the look of my new ones. BUT the oain is horrible. I have taken 2 ultram, a 5 mg percocet and a 7.5 vivodan and my lowers are killiing me. The new dentures are too big for now and are digging into the area under my tongue.

My oral sedation was a joke, it really did not do much for me, I was awake and aware of everything.

Well, I am going to lay down and hope my meds kicks in some.

Thank you all for your sympathy and support-Carla
  2. shell

shell New Member

I hope your pain diminishes quickly over the next few days...

Your smitten the kitten is a doll! I love diluted calicos. Your work with glass is very beautiful, I especially loved the depression plate with red surrounding it. You are a very talented lady!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I bit my tongue 3x this morning and am crabby as an old bear.

I can't imagine what you are going thru. Hope you feel a lot better very soon.
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

by now I suppose you are in total misery! Sending well wishes your well and hoping for speedy healing. Update us when you can and take good care of yourself while this is going on!

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you all so much.

I have lost count of my pain meds but finally have some relief. My grandaughter is making me real mashed potatoes for dinner. I am an instant potatoe girl because I hate peeling the potatoes Her mom is at a teachers conference.

Now that all the novacain has worn off I know what these new teeth are going to feel like. It will take time to adjust to having these thhings in my moth. But they really look good.

I am having problems typing, pain meds :) kicked in, so please forgive me fot not responding to each person.

I will be in contact later.

I really appreciate all of your kind words.Later-Carla
  6. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

Dont you feel so brave going through all that at one time. Honey I have been there and done that the first of the year. So I know where you are at. It is going to take some time, but you will master it. Take care keep us posted
  7. darude

darude New Member

Congratulations Darling you made it!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep in touch as I am going through this shortly. I'm just having dentures on the top but have 10 teeth to pull. I'm dreading it but sure will like the look of them. Glad you like them. Thinking of you Annie the Londoner
  8. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Congratulations.I hope it does not take long to heal

I am happy that they look so Nice think it will make the healing process a little easier cause you love the way they look,

I am going to have to have mine out soon.I am a BIG CHICKEN.Have not been to a dentist in 18 years I am petrified.

May I ask how many they pulled out .I have 13 on top and 12 bottom.If I do get them done it needs to be all at once like you.

You are a courages woman and I think you have given me some courage.

Please keep us touch and let us know how your doing

Hugs
    Sue.

9. tandy

tandy New Member

recovery Carla~

It sounds rough.

I'm almost in the same situation.
    Very close to needing dentures.
    I'm just hoping that I can get them all fixed and buy some time.
    I don't think anybody ever WANTS dentures.
    especially if your not that old.

Hope your back to feeling better soon~
    lots of R & R

Hugs
    Tandy
  10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---you're such a "brave little soldier"!! We are all

so proud of you. You have such great courage.

Best wishes for a rapid recovery,
    MRDAD
  11. darude

darude New Member

12. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Just checking in to see how you feel today. Hope the pain isn't too horrible. Remember to keep ahead of the pain with your meds and just take it easy. Were the 'smashed' taters good?

Hugz,
    Tona
  13. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

oooo yes please :) i cant afford to go to the dentist as there are change in the uk nhs for dentist care so a nice row of straight plastic teeth wil suit me nicely :)

how are you getting on with them now? i suppose the feeling takes some getting used to but now you dont have to struggle to clean those back ones lol
  14. ckball

ckball New Member

Well the day after having 22 teeth pulled and I'm doing better than I thought. The worst pain was yesterday right after the novacain wore off.

I slept ok, woke up around 4 am and took my pain meds and went right back to sleep.

I have to learn to talk and eat all over again. It is really different having these things in my mouth. I know it will be worth it in 6 months. It may take that long when I get my real dentures. These are temporary until my gums shrink.

I still can't get over how pretty they are. I did buy the best, I started to go with the middle priced one but they said the best will last 5-7 years longer and more resistant to staining and chips. The cost difference was about $200. Plus I get free reliners and adjustments for the first years.

The smashed taters were good, my grandaughter is quite the cook for 15. I mostly eat applesuce, oatmeal and of course ice cream. They said it will take a couple of weeks before I will be able to chew food. I wanted to lose a few pounds so this is positive.

If today is any inclination as far as pain, I will be ok. The worst part was the novacaine shots, they gave me around 20 or more all around the top of the gums, inside the gums around the roof of my mouth and the same for the lowers. I was in tears at one point and had to do deep breathing to calm my self down.

I paid $150 for the oral sedation, it was 2 valium 5 mg to take the night before and a liquid I drank and some powder under my tongue. That was it. I would have been better off to take my ambien before I went and saved myself the 150 bucks.

The do not use nitros oxside or sodium penathal, the was the only thing I was disappointed in, I wasnted to be out. I heard every tooth crack and they had to drill several out because they were broke off at the gum line.

To those thinking about having it done, I would still do all at once and get it over with.

Thanks again, you all are a great support to me. That means a lot to me. I will be in touch again soon-Carla
  15. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Carla:

It sounds like you have everything under control, except the pain, which I hope passes soon.

I hope you enjoy the new choppers!

nyrofan
  16. webintrig

webintrig New Member

Congratulations! You are so brave and I very proud of you. I bet you have the most gorgeous smile ever. I pray much speed in you getting use to your dentures and them being there in your mouth. I am so happy for you and I can just picture your beaming smile!

Soft hugs,
  17. darude

darude New Member

Post some before and after pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. DoveL

DoveL Member

SMILE!!

Congrats on your new teeth!!! Must make you feel good! :)

Loved your picture on your profile! Did not know we had a

celebrity here!! Nice to meet you I am Camerine Diaz!! :)

Cheers!

DOVE
  19. catj

catj New Member

I hope with all my heart that the pain subsides, but,please ckball, watch mixing those pain meds like you say you are.

That is so dangerous.
    I hope I am not going against any religious beliefs, but I must tell you I will have you in my prayers.
  20. catj

catj New Member

I hope with all my heart that the pain subsides, but,please ckball, watch mixing those pain meds like you say you are.

That is so dangerous.
    I hope I am not going against any religious beliefs, but I must tell you I will have you in my prayers.