I DID it! And have the Picture to prove it!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LollieBoo, Oct 2, 2005.

1. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Hello, all! Our family (My husband, our three kids, my MIL, hubby's bro and sis and their kids) had all planned a trip to North Freedom, WI this weekend. It had been planned for six months, but I have been in a HORRIBLE flare since Thursday... My dr said don't go. I couldn't not go-- we were going to ride a train and stop at a petting zoo... the kids have been so excited (as have the adults!) for so long. I have cancelled many family activities in the past, but this one I needed to do. I know DH would have gone and juggled the kids all on his own, but I am so glad I didn't have to miss their reactions to that train! It was awesome!

I had to up my meds and I am SO suffering right now, but it was just the best day EVER! We took pictures, and I posted one by my bio- it is at a boat landing along the Wisconsin River- another thing the kids loved... we got pumpkins at the roadside farmer's market and went to a petting zoo... I wanted to cram as much into one day as possible, because the days seem so few and far between when I can go on these trips! So glad I did... By the end of the day I had my TENS cranked all the way up and today I can hardly move, but if you look at the pic, you'll see it was worth it!

Take Care-
    Lollie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2005]
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You all look so great! Thanks for sharing. :) Glad you had a fun time and I'm sure the kids did too.

Sorry you are suffering from the trip, but I think you did it for a good reason and it was worth it in the end. I hope you will feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

What a lovely picture and beautiful family. I once attended a CFIDS/FMS conference where the speaker (a doctor who suffered with these illnesses) said that sometimes you just have to push yourself to participate in activities that bring you joy even though you will pay dearly afterwards. Sounds like that's just what you did. Good for you!! I'm sorry you are feeling poorly, but just think of the wonderful memories you will have. My heart goes out to you, though. I can't imagine having to raise children while being afflicted with these illnesses. I guess you do it one day at a time.

Blessings, Lolalee
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Lollie,

I'm so glad you went ahead and took the trip. I feel like my little boy is missing so much because I just can't do stuff with him. This day will be a memory for your 10 year old forever. You look great!

You are a poet! I used to write lots of poems, but haven't for a few years now. I keep thinking about starting again. Wish I lived near you. We could have a 2 woman writer's group.

Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Love,

Francie
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and you all look like you're having a great time
  6. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Your responses made me feel GREAT- I thought I looked BEAT in that picture, but triumphant (and if anyone can see it- it'd be you all who've been there!) It's nice to think maybe it didn't show as much as I thought! Too funny, though- I just noticed when I looked back at the photo that the lidoderm patch on the top of my foot/ ankle is visible! Oh, well- it got me through!

I ache so much and if I have to suffer for the coming week, I will still be able to carry on and talk all about it with my family- I hope that there will always be these days to pull me through.... and recovery days following! lol!

Thanks again!
    Francie- I'd LOVE to have someone to share that with... it's been a while!

-L
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2005]
  7. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

I am so glad you were able to go with them. I like you have broken so many engagements and it feels so good when you actually don't disappoint the family.

Hugs,
    Marcia
    PS Beautitul family.
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

I'd never seen your pic before, I don't think. What a beautiful set of kidlits you have! LOL I'm right there with you...over last 2 weeks had dinner party for very best friends who hubby and I haven't seen in over a year...almost killed me, but I did it! And loved it! Except for the part where I was in excruciating pain! LOL....Some things are just "worth" soldiering thru. Something like sharing an experience like that with your wonderful hubby and great kids is just the place to exert energy you might not 'have' even if it means a few days downtime after.

I was so proud of myself yesterday. My stepdaughter has been asking me to take a walk and pick a wildflower bouquet for her mother (grrrrr....) for weeks now. I just haven't been up to it. Yesterday I just decided I was going, and hobbled along with her for a tiny walk, and we picked her flowers and both had a ball! Of course, its a bit easier for me as the stepkidlits had to leave for their home with their mom shortly after, so they didn't have to "see" the consequences that short walk cost me. I'm still so new to all of this that I really worry about scaring my husband and kids...

The load we bear is so rough, but from all of your posts and the way you approach your spirituality and wellness, and family and priorities, I really really respect the person you are. Maybe if I'm really really lucky, and work really really hard, I'll get there someday!LOL

So glad you had a blast with your family. That is really the kind of stuff that keeps me "going" at all...biggest blessing of all!

And oh...did you see Rileyearl's new pic in her bio with her son and puppy....Oh my goodness...way too cute. Ya'll are putting me to shame here! Will have to dig up pick of my babes on computer and get it on later today.

Keep chin up...you keep so many of us going here!

Many hugs!
    Rachel
  9. elsa

elsa New Member

To heck with the rules! That Picture and the enthusiasm in your letter proves it!

Some things are worth having to temp. raise your meds/treatments for and a day spent making memories with your family is one of 'em. How wonderful for you!

I'm glad you went and I glad you are taking care of yourself today! LOL

The family photo is beautiful .... you should be very proud.

Take care,

Elsa
  10. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I agree that sometimes we have to weather the storm to make the memories even though we pay for it eventually! I would feel bad if I didn't do stuff with my girls. You'll get through the flare but you will remember the trip forever.

Kelly
  11. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

is worth the trip. I am thrilled you had a wonderful time with your family. You made a great memory that you will be able to think about on those days you have to decide to stay home.

Three cheers for you!
    Hugs,
    Maree
  12. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm happy to hear that you and your family had such a great time this weekend!!!

Your family pic shows how much fun you all were having. You and your hubby (um! um! how gorgeous!) make a nice looking couple, and with your great looking children - the perfact family!!

I'm sure the suffering was worth it!!

Now rest up!
    Hugs -
    Janet
  13. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Lollie,
    What a beautiful picture! You have such a lovely family, and you, yourself, look so ethereal! How luck you are, and Ho happy I am that you tookthe trip. Even though you are paying the price in terms of pain, you will always have the wonderful memories you created on that day.

Thanks for sharing,
    Terry