I did it, and it worked! :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello All,

I had a previous post about whether or not I should try to explain things to a person in my meditation group, who had actually asked me. I got lots of good ideas, and I decided to give her the Spoons article and a little bit of explaining, in addition.

Well, I got her response today, and I ws so touched that I was moved to tears. She actually "got it"!!!! she understood much more than I mentioned, even to how annoying it is to be told that I look "the picture of health".

This is an encouraging thing. This lady is very compassionate, and I'm glad I took the chance, after all of the people who didn't understand. I guess we need to choose the people we explain to carefully. Some people are just not evolved enough to be able to go out of themselves enough to even come close to understanding what we experience.

And then, others are. :)

I'm surprised at how much better I feel, having found just one more open person. Wondeerful!

Just thought you might want to know. There's hope out there.

Peace,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2006]
  2. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

Good for you - in taking a chance. I'm happy to hear that you received such an understanding response to giving the Spoons article to your meditation group friend. I forget that most people don't understand the invisible diseases, including two of my daughters.

A little compassion can go a long way toward helping someone feel validated.
    Val
  3. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

that we get to feeling that noone will understand. I used the Thief story to help one of my sons to understand. No help for my older son. He just calls me a drug addict.. Im so glad you found someone in your group. This message bd has truly changed my life. When I log on, I say I will only stay on for a few min. The pain gets too bad. But then I start reading everyones posts and I cant keep my mouth shut:) Im soo tired today. Went to Valentines dinner with hubby and it wore me out. Take care

Suzette
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Terry,
    I think we have all been where you were wondering if we had the courage to expose a big part of ourselves, wondering what others would think. You had the courage and I hope it encourages more of us to do the same.

Kathy.