I DID IT--thanks to the FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckahele, Aug 31, 2005.

1. ckahele

ckahele New Member

i haven't been around for the last two weeks as i had to get my daughter ready to go to college.

i spent most of last week shopping for her and packing.
    on 8/25 we got in the car and drove 6 hours from pittsburgh to philadelphia.

on 8/26 we moved her into the dorms. i made 5 trips up to the 4th floor (resting after each floor) with the small stuff and got to put the rest on the elevator.

then spent the next several hours unpacking and organizing.

on 8/27 i attended orientation programs til 4pm then we shopped for all the things we forgot (duh!) and things we didn't realize she'd need.

on sunday 8/29 i left philly at 1:30pm and drove the six hours back home.
    i cried for the first five hours. she's my first baby to leave the nest and i really miss her.
    my 16 year old son however is thrilled to be the king of the castle!

the whole point is--if this was a year ago i would have been on the couch for two weeks just from one shopping trip!

i can't believe it was me who was packing and moving and walking many city blocks. okay-i'll admit. by the end of each day it WAS more like crawling but still I DID IT!!!!

please everyone. if you cannot afford the ffc then listen to what the folks here say about the tests/treatments and find a way to get them yourself CAUSE IT WORKS!

i feel like i was blessed with a miracle.
    and if it can happen to me......
    cyndy
  2. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I am so happy for you. I can only imagine how happy you must feel. I hope that you continue to feel well and improve. Just hearing your success gives hope!!!!!
  3. LottieWilkins

LottieWilkins New Member

Can you please define/describe? I'm not sure if that's a supplement or approach or treatment center or what--and am willing to look into anything!
  4. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

they are too far away, but they are sending me a packet. thanks for the idea
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Was wondering where you went! I to am feeling so much better thanks to all the fine people at the Atlanta FFC. My son went to College last year and I had a very difficult time. This year he moved into an apt. I helped him then drove back the 5 hours by myself no big deal! It gets easier. She is only a phone call away! Take Care I am so happy for you! Lynn
  6. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Cyndy - that is such great news and very inspirational. I am glad that you shared. I have to admit, I am still at the point of feeling tired by just reading about all that you accomplished. It must have felt so good to be able to help your daughter like that. Good for you!
    Hugs, Maggy
  7. JimB

JimB New Member

FUZZIE FIBRO COMPOUND?

FEELIN FINE CAPSULES?
  8. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Easy with the caps, big guy.
  9. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

tee hee ...feelin fine capsules. i'd like to know where i can get some of those :)

FFC stands for fibro and fatigue center. there's several of these clinics around the country. i'm being treated by the FFC in atlanta.

eddie
  10. kbak

kbak Member

Great news! So glad to hear when people make good progress. Gives you hope doesn't it?
  11. ckahele

ckahele New Member

i spoke w/her last nite.
    she's making lots of new friends.

she even co-hosted a dinner party w/one of the gentleman on her dorm floor.

now there's NO EXCUSE not to cook dinner for us when she comes home on breaks!(i wrote down the date/time--hee hee).

honestly folks..i don't see myself riding any bicycle races in france anytime soon however...
    I AM DEFINITELY FEELING BETTER!

as stated above FFC stands for "fibro and fatigue center".
    now going there is a huge cost commitment (well-huge to most of us). however, it is well worth it.

BUT, if you don't have the money then really study the good advice given here and find your own path.

mikie our moderator, stormyskye, jeanne-in canada to name a few, all discuss excellent treatment protocals that i share w/my ffc doctor.

by the way...i love philly!
    it is the coolest city. much different than pittsburgh.
    visit if you get the chance.

it was so wild to walk down a cobblestone street and think ben franklin or john adams or tom jefferson walked here!

and seeing the liberty bell will give you chicken skin all over.

there are beautiful statues and fountains and all kinds of unique shops (which i can't afford but it's fun to look).

and the people were really really friendly. it is called the city of brotherly love. it sure felt that way.

lynn...i guess you're right. it will get easier. but darn if don't feel awfully old! wasn't i changing her diapers just yesterday.

cyndy
    p.s. where can i get feelin' fine capsules?
    do they sell them here?

12. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I've been on the FFC protocol for almost 3 months now. I'm on a list of 13 different things.

We left in July for our cottage (across country) and just got back today. We visited, entertained, packed boxes, went out for suppers etc. I could not do any of this last summer.

My energy level has improved tenfold and I sure feel more relaxed and I finally have an appetite!

Last week we stopped in Minnesota and had some blood levels rechecked (ie. thyroid, dhea etc.) I'll be anxious to see what they are now. My estrogen and progesterone levels were also extremely low and I tested slightly positive for lymes so I've been on antibiotics.

Cyndy I'm so happy for you! and myself!!

Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2005]