I did it

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by wld285, May 13, 2008.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Well, I made an appoint. with Dr.H. Couldn't get in till Aug.5th, but have enough doxy to last till then. Has anyone else seen him by chance?

Linda
  2. wld285

wld285 New Member

He is suppossed to be the best in N.Y. If I have to spend that much money, I might as well go all the way. Actually, also he would be the closest for me. I am hoping it won't be more than a 2 1/2 hr. drive.

Thanks for the "luck". I really need it.

Linda
  3. wld285

wld285 New Member

Thanks PJ, I really hope so too. I am kind of nervous , always am when I go to a new doc.
  4. wld285

wld285 New Member

Yes, I have the book and have been using the core protocol. I think the resveratrol gives me loose bowel problems. I just recently stopped taking them till I go to llmd. Actually, have not been doing well at all, and all the supplements I take became a big chore for me. I'm calling it a drug holiday.

Hopefully, within the next year I can at least feel better.

Linda
  5. highcotton

highcotton New Member

linda, i had the same problem with buhner. My LLMD put me on cholestyramine which binds toxins in the gut but also causes constipation, so it can correct any diarrhea you may experience from abx or herbs.

just something you may want to ask LLMD about when you see him.
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Good for you that you have an appointment with Dr. H. I wish I were 2 1/2 hours from there, because I underatand he is one of the very best and up to date.

I've tried Buhner's herbs, but they either did nothing or gave me a headache like resveratrol.

Doxycycline was the most beneficial, but when I backed down I relapsed. I can't seem to tolerate most meds, but that one I did like.

Best of luck to you.

CherylSue
  7. wld285

wld285 New Member

cherylsue...thanks for the wishes of luck, I need it. I was going to say something else too, but can't remember not seeing your post. My brainfog has been super super bad lately.

femmdange...yes, andrographis, resveratrol, and cat's claw. I don't think the resveratrol agrees that well with me. I also couldn't take grapeseed either.