I DID MY TV NEWS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, Jul 29, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! I did wonderful!!!! I was not nervous at all!!! The interviewer said that I was very good, articulate, just like a pro!! She also said that my interview is going to help ALOT of people. She said that when my support group gets up and running, and when my book comes out, to let her know, and she will put it on the news!!!

I wrote all these notes beforehand. I tried to summarize as much as possible, but it ended up being 5 pages!!! So, I let her read it before the interview and she asked me a couple of things from it. We did not get to cover everything, mostly it was about me and my story.

I talked about this website ALOT!! I said that this site was where I found most of my info and support. And that I have met some great people from all over the world. And how you all inspired me to do all of these great things that I'm doing! They took shots of me on my computer going to THIS site. And they took the site address, as well as a couple others, to put on the air as well!! Yay for all of you!!

This story will be aired next Monday at 5:55 PM on WIXT Newschannel 9 in Carrie Lazurus Health Cast in Syracuse, NY. Hopefully a couple of people will tape it and we can circulate it around. I plan on taping it too!!

The last thing that she said is that I was an amazing inspiration to us all. She said that my knowledge, positive attitude, motivation, and personality will get me very far while I work on my mission to spread awareness.

I am so excited! It could not have gone any better! It was perfect!!! Oh, yeah, and she asked me where did I get my haircut? (Remeber yesterday when I said I went to get my haircut?) She said it was really cute and it looked really good! That made me feel good too!! LOL!!!!

Alright, I need to come down from all of the adrenaline. I will write more later. YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! YIPEEEE!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you. I'm so happy it all went well.

Love, Mikie
  3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Kathryn, I think it is GREAT you Made this opportunity for you and all b4 and after will benefit! It is not about sufferring,but learning,growing, and addatpting~~~others to our needs!! U git me?!?!!GREAT JOB!! Peace{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}, lisa
  4. Patti2

Patti2 New Member

Kathryn,
    You did so good I am sure you actually are having a wonderful day. We thank you for everything that you are trying to do to help our cause!! And your self also. GREAT JOB!!
  5. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

That's great that it went so well!! You are an inspiration to us all.
    Alicia
  6. kimkane

kimkane New Member

never give up, great news. at least someone is interested, i hope and pray for all of us it is catchy.
    soft hugs to you and yours kimk
  7. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

All i can say is "YOU GO GIRL" and music to my ears. We are all so proud of you. Thanx for also representing us as well.............Regina
  8. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

You did good...I'm so proud and happy for you that you didn't get nervous. I would have been a wreck! I love the fact that they want to interview you again when you get your book done....what great publicity!! I hope everyone in the area can tape it so we all get to see it eventually.

Thanks for being such a great advocate for our cause!!

I'm sending you a great big >>>>butterfly hug<<<<

Love,
    Jessi
  9. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I am still so excited about the whole experience! I feel like I could do another one, and another one! It's kind of when you do something really nice for someone, and you get this natural "high" from it! The feeling is very similar.

As the days go on, and my book's research gets bigger and bigger, and more people get involved, I get more and more motivated and inspired. I have always been the Procrastinator. I used to avoid anything that would be like work. I would do what I had to do, but I always preferred goofing off! But not with this stuff. I am spending so much of my time learning about everything I can. Even on my leisure time. I'm reading books about this, I am scanning upcoming shows on TV for related programs, I'm talking about it to everyone I know. It is amazing! Last night, I actually had to FORCE myself to watch a regular silly movie!! I had to laugh at myself. I am really happy to see this in me.

I really hope that what I have been doing will inspire others to do things that are similar. It is so important to get our ideas and facts out there to as many people as possible!! You can write to your congressman, set up an interview with a TV or newspaper reporter, or just tell everyone you know and run into! Not many people even know what FMS or CFS is!!!

If any of you remember all of the crap that I had to deal with my doctor was, I have got a funny update! Today, after the interview, I had to go to the office to pick up some samples of antideppresants (that I had to argue all morning for because he is no longer "technically" my doctor.) When I went in, I asked the front desk secretary for them and then said that I wanted to leave the doctor and his nurse a message. I told them to make sure to watch me on the news next Monday!

I talked pretty bad about my doctor. I didn't use his name. But I talked about the fact that he did not believe in FMS, how he said that a herniated disk does not hurt,
    how he refused to give me adequate pain relief prescriptions, said that it was "all in my head", and that I was a "drug seeker". I hope so bad that they put that in there!! That'll get him!!!!

It was funny that one of you said that it was amazing that I did not Fibro Fog or stumble over my words, I was very articulate. Because as soon as the camera was off, she kept asking me questions, and I could not talk at all! I couldn't remember and words or anything!! So wierd!!

Well, gotta go do some other stuff. Thanks everybody for your love and support!! You all made this part of me come out and fight! I owe it all to you, my dear friends!!!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn
  10. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Just wanted to say congratulations! Thanks for making the effort to help all of us. Good work!
  11. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi Kathryn,
    I just love reading your posts! I just soak up the good "energy" :) And I ws thrilled to read about how well it went today!
    Gosh just ditto me for what everyone else wrote ok?
    Ps I am leaving soon for over a month but would like to send you a thing about me if you want it for your book.I won't have access to a computer. Is there a way I could write to you?
    Ziggy
  12. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Yes Yes Yes!! I would love to have you send me your stories! CaftyJody, I will be sending you an e-mail in a little bit. Zggy, you can e-mail me and I will give you my mailing address if you would like. My e-mail address is kmelodyg@hotmail.com.

For any others who are interested, just think about how this could be your contribution, your activism, if you cannot do anything else! You can share your story, which will help so many others to know that they are not alone! After all, not everyone has a computer where they can talk to you everyday like I do!!! I hope to hear from more of you soon!!

Thanks Ziggy and Jody!!

Big Hugs,
    Kathryn
  13. FranWi

FranWi New Member

Your enthusiasm is sooooo addictive! Thanks for sharing this triumphant high with the rest of us! I really want to see your interview - wish it were national! So, what's next - maybe Good Morning America or The View? ;)

Sounds like you were completely organized and made a great interview for the reporter. You definitely impressed her!

Way to go! Let us know how they edit it when you watch. Maybe you can type us up a recap when it airs to let us know what they added!

:)

Fran
  14. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I am so proud of you!! Thank you so much for spreading the word.
  15. devanier

devanier New Member

Thank you very much for stand up in our behalf of fm awareness.you are in my prays along with everyone on this site.
  16. rlnia

rlnia New Member

I am new to this site, but, I tell you, it is addictive, as I read so many different peoples questions & anwers. I don't know much about you & your story, and don't live in your area, but, in IA. Maybe, I could get your interview off the internet by going to the TV Station, which I will try. Any-one that has this and can get out there and spread the word, is an Angel. Thank-you. I know this may sound terrible, but, I wish some famous Dr.'s would get this and go on National T.V. to talk about it, or some very likable and well known, acredible actors or actresses, like Woopie Goldberg, Goldie Hawn, or Oprah! Not that I'm wishing this on anyone, believe me. But, just like Michael J. Fox, who finally came out with his story, and is trying and getting financial help for research. Ya Know?
  17. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I'm thrilled that it went well.

Your contribution is sure to make a difference for the rest of us or at least a few of us.

Thank you and congratulations!

BTW, a bit of a warning...

With greater advertisement of this site also brings less privacy for some. I have just heard about a member who had a lawyer [for the other side] access all her posts on this board to get information to use against her.

so, anyone involved with legal concerns, remember when you post it is public property for anyone who signs onto the board.

Thrilled with you, Kathryn! Keep us updated!

J.
  18. pam_d

pam_d New Member

At least I feel like I know you from this board----I'm very, very proud of you, I knew you would do a great job---when you are so passionate about any subject, I think that helps a lot! Thanks for bringing much needed attention our story, I'm sure you've helped us, the viewers (who knows, maybe a few doctors will see this!) and you may have discovered a whole new vocation for yourself!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!

Hugs,
    Pam

[ advertisement ]