I did not expect my SSD money to be here so fast

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Feb 17, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I went to check what was in my checking account on line and I got the BIGGEST shock as my disabilty money { the large sum of money} was already in my checking account.
    I had asked the person who had told me just how long it would take before I would recive this lump sum of money and he said anywhere from a week to 3 weeks. SO I was not expecting it for a while but there it was .It was direct deposited to my account just 2 days after I was told that I was going to get it. I can't tell you how surpirsed I am to have that much money in my account so fast and to have it availbe to me now.

I have to be dreaming as this just does not happen to me. I am in shock from this happening to fast. I didn't know that I would have this money in 2 days.
    They did not take out any taxes on it. So I will have to put some in the bank as savings. I think after I give my self a birthday presant of buying a few things I am going to put most of this $1,682.00 in a savings account so that I don't blow it and have it GONE LIKE THE WIND.

Happy birthday to me tomorrow. This is a good birthday presant and the biggest surprise I have had in over a year.

HUGS,
    Rosemarie
    PS. I still feel like I have been beaten and can't catch my breath and I have one of the worst headaches ever. I don't like feeling so sick and I have lost my voice as well. I ache all over and I feel like my temp should be over 100 but it is not. And I am still wheezing too but after usuing my inhaler I did feel better and could not hear my self wheeze. So I am off to bed now .
  2. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

Congrats on getting your disabilty and the money!!! I recall getting my confirmation letter that i received the disability and the check was either in that letter or another letter that arrived that day. I was so in shock too and it couldn't have come at a most opportune time.

A belated Happy Birthday!!!
  3. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Did you get your disability for fibro? I applied and have been denied twice now. I have fibro and osteoarthritis. Next step is court.
    My attorney seems confident that I will win, hope he knows what he is talking about.
    rrsbaby
  4. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Happy for you!
    Ginner
  5. momof471

momof471 New Member

Enjoy it! You deserve it. I'm glad things went well for you.

God Bless
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

This is the kind of news I love reading about! Congratulations---I know you feel lousy in body right now, but at least maybe your mind can rest a little easier...yay!!

Hugs,
    Pam