I did something really dumb!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritatheresa, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Well, as of today my daughter's school starts 15 minutes earlier and I swear my daughter nearly had a panic attack last night.

She's afraid she's not going to get to school on time. It really hurt me to see her like that. I decided I wasn't gonna go to sleep to make sure she'd be up (I know Really stupid). I just don't know what to do anymore!!! Having a bit of a desperate day, night I should say, I can't even describe how I'm feeling (tired, yeah), but really, really sad.

Lately I've been trying so hard to think positive but this is crazy!! I feel like I'm really beginning to lose it.
    Please say a prayer for me, Ritatheresa
  2. jana15

jana15 New Member

Staying up all night? Sometimes we have to do things that might appear 'dumb' to the rest of the world and things we wouldn't nornally even think of doing.

I know I now do thing that look absolutely ridiculous to the rest of the world but I need to do in order to keep functioning and not disappoint affect our family anymore than they already are being with having to live with our illness.

Rita, I drank a gallon of brewed coffee last week in order to help my 22yo daughter move house. All I had to do was drive a few miles a couple of times during the day but I couldn't guarentee I would be 'alert' enough to do it...hence the coffee. It took me another 24 hours to get it out of my system and i had a dreadful time that night trying to settle into sleep and of course I had a lot more pain too as my system was out of whack.

But it was worth it. I did a regular 'Mum' thing. Don't beat yourself up, just do what you have to do and trust your mind/body will eventually adjust to the new routine.

Cheers Jana
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

give your daughter some benadrl, it won't hurt her...it will make her relaxed and sleepy...my son took it for allergies for a while and he would say mom can you give me my night night pill...conked him out and it wont hurt them at all...

we would advice dental patients that had phobias to tae some 45 minutes before the appointment, it worked like a charm and relaxed them so we could work on there mouths....

jodie
  4. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

I wouldn't do it again, I went right to sleep as soon as I dropped her off. I got 6 hours of sleep which helped.

I wrote down the ingredients to Stormyskye's shake protocol, I'm gonna try to do that.

It's funny about the Benadryl, when I worked in one hospital at around 8 oclock we'd have alot of the elderly patients go into what's called sundown syndrome (they get confused when the sun goes down)

I'd be on the phone with the Doc, I need an order for Benadryl please!! Worked like a charm, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!!!